𝓔𝓝𝓓 𝓞𝓕 𝓐 𝓙𝓞𝓤𝓡𝓝𝓔𝓨

꧁ ༒ ꧂

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

I stood next to my sister, staring up at the door that materialized in front of us.

We reached out to it together, yet I hesitated.

I was finally at the end; why would I hesitate? I was so close to finally going home. So close to finally releasing the burden that had been placed upon me for so long. And yet I hesitated.

I tried to pull my arm back to my side, but it wouldn't obey my command. My hand itched to grasp the doorknob, but the rest of me yearned to go back. So I stood, frozen in place.

"Lumine, I..."

I paused. I dug through my mind, trying to find anything that I could say instead of what I was about to.

"I can't."

She turned to me, a smile tugging at her lips. She had no clue what to say either; I could tell by how she opened her mouth as if to say something, yet she uttered not a single word.

She pulled her hand away from the door, and my hand followed in suit as it finally fell back to my side. "I can't either," she said quietly. A shocked expression flashed across my facial features. "...But I thought you wanted to go home?" I said slowly.

A sigh fell from her lips. "Yes, but... going home means we'd have to leave everything here behind. And... when I think about it... we really have nothing waiting for us at home," she replied as she turned to me fully. "And after all, home is anywhere where we are together."

I breathed a sigh of relief as I lifted my head, now leveled with hers. But, she didn't look like she was done talking.

"You know... the reason why I pressed you to continue your travels was because... I was a coward. I was too engulfed in my fear of the past to face you with every truth from it. I thought you'd hate me. But now, I have a new reason..." she continued, "...It's because I was afraid I'd have to leave this world."

She took in a deep breath, clenching her fists.

"But now, I think I'm ready... so let's... go to the tavern, and I'll tell you everything," she concluded with a smile. I found myself smiling as well as she took my hand and we descended down the stairs, heading back to Teyvat.