5

"Okay then we'll leave, but first we need to think about this and make a plan," Hope said to her as she put a hand on Josie's shoulder attempting to comfort her. Josie starts packing, all of her clothes, shoes, most of her plushies, and toiletries all in one duffel bag. She opens the window,

"We can exit from here," She says, "You joining me? Or are you staying at this dump?"

"I'm joining you, but I need to get some of my things and we also need to get you a daylight ring," Hope said to her.

"Ugh... I forgot about that, it's night time so we have time, right?"

"Yeah, we have about five to six hours to make you a daylight ring." Hope explained to her.

"My dad has spare in the gym locker room," She fake smiles, "You can get one from there,"

"Or I can just make one," Hope said to her. "I have the spell in one of my grandmother's grimoires. I can go ahead and get it now if you would like."

"Only if you want to," She exclaims.

Hope nodded. "Alright, I'll be right back. Unless you would like to come with me?"

"I'm going to stay here and make sure no one sees me" Josie explains, "Is that okay?"

"Yeah. I'll see you soon." Hope said walking out of the room. 

Hope made her way to her room where she packed all of her things including her inherited grimoires. Josie continues to pace around her room, packing the most she can. Hope returned to Josie's room with her belongings. "Alright, I've got everything I need." She said as she entered the room. Josie is fighting back her own, now, vampire father, 

"Dad stop please, I don't want to hurt you!"

Alaric looks at her, "Well you aren't going out on those streets on my watch,"

"What the hell is going on here?" Hope asked when she noticed Alaric was in the room.

"Incendia!" A ring of fire surrounds Alaric stopping him from getting to Josie, "You're not stopping me, dad,"

"I take it you want to leave now?" Hope asked not wanting things to escalate any further.

"Yeah," Josie sighs, "I already told my sister everything and told her I'd visit,"

"Alright." Hope nodded. "Let's go then." She added headed towards the window.

"Wait!" Alaric yells out, "I know something you don't"

"What do you want dad?"

"I know..." He pauses, inhaling a lot of smoke, slowly dying, "That Lizzie will win the merge," He passes out. Hope put out the fire laughing slightly.

"The merge no longer matters." She stated as Josie was now a vampire and she would technically never physically become 22. "Let's go before he wakes up. Well if he wakes up." She said quietly. Josie nods,

"The bags are in the car already, let's go" She jumps out of the window and vamps to the car, sitting in the passenger seat. Hope nodded before jumping out the window and vamp speeding to the car. She got in the driver's seat looking over at Josie.

"So where would you like to go?" She asked curiously.

"I dunno, I guess wherever you want to go," She says, laying back.

"Alright we should probably head to a motel or something so we can make you a daylight ring," Hope said as she started the car and drove out of the school.

"I forgot about that.... Isn't the sun rising?"

"We have an hour maybe two if we're lucky," Hope said as she began to speed up on the road. "There's a motel a couple of miles away so we should be able to make it in time."

"Alright, sounds good, as long as no one else dies today," She smiles.

"No one will die, hopefully. If we have to we can compel a couple of people." Hope said keeping her eyes on the road.

"Will due," she lays back in the car seat, resting her eyes.

AN: Sorry it's so short, I just knew I had to get another part out. Also thank you humans so much for getting us over 250 reads! Keep it up!