2

Hunter had been bugged by the interaction with the human- and the Blights.
The past few weeks had been filled withhis thoughts going haywire. They were buzzing almost 24/7, meaning his sleep had been minimal. The bags under his eyes had somehow gotten even darker.
Anytime he had relaxation time, which wasn't often, he would be holed up in his room, chatting with Rascal. Whether it be venting about work, or even just what was on his mind at the moment. It was very relaxing, at least to him.

His peace was interrupted when a harsh knock sounded at his door. He shot up, hurriedly putting on his mask. He was already wearing his uniform.
"Yes?" He asked as he opened the door.
"The Emperor wishes to... speak, with you, Golden Guard." It was none other than that wretched Kikimora. "Of course.. thanks for informing me, Kiki." He spoke her name like it tasted like ear wax.
He exited his room, closing his door quietly. His gaze remained on the smaller demon before it no longer could.
He knocked on the grand doors of the Emperors chamber. Once he got confirmation that he could enter, he stepped inside. Hunter kneeled down on the deep red carpet.
"Your majesty." He spoke quietly.
"Golden Guard, how are you?"
Fear immediately shot through him. Had he done something wrong? His uncle never asked him this.
"I'm doing alright, thank you for asking." He replied, his voice wavering slightly.
"Is there something you need?" This seemed to upset Belos.
"Do not speak out of turn!" The taller shouted, his voice echoing around the large room. "Apologies." Hunter replied.
"It's..." he sighed. "It's alright. Now, I wanted to ask you a question. You wouldn't lie to me, would you?"
He was taken back at the question.
"O-of course not! I would never lie to you Uncle."
A small hum was heard. "So, why do you keep a palisman made of wild magic from me?"
Hunter froze. "I-I'm not sure what you speak of, Emperor." He lied.
"Take off your mask, I would like to see your face when you lie to me."
He stiffly took off the shiny mask, his eyes facing the floor.
"Now. Why are you keeping a palismen from me, Hunter." Belos asked again.
"I would never do that. I know you... you need them." He continued to lie straight through his teeth.
"Then perhaps this will... jog, your memory." Kikimora stepped through the door, holding Rascal tightly in her hand.
Hunter's breath caught in his throat. The red bird was brought up to the Emperors hand, and was squeezed just as tightly.
"Tell me, Golden Guard, how you have bonded with wild magic. You know what it's done to our family."
"U-uncle! You don't understand! I-I was- I-" he stumbled over his words.
"Save your pitiful excuses. I'm so very disappointed in you Hunter. After all I've taught you! This, this is how you repay me??" He shouts.
A sharp tendril shot out, impaling his side.
Hunter looked up and saw Belos about to squeeze the life out of Rascal.

Something snapped in him.
He shot forward, grabbing the bird from the masked man. It turned into a wooden staff, and Hunter teleported to the edge of the throne room. He shot a golden blast at the emperor and then Kiki, hoping that would slow them.
Hunter shot down the hall, determined to grab his artificial staff along with some books.
He skidded in front of his room, throwing the door open. His heart was pounding so hard, it felt like
it was killing him. His hands were shaking so hard he could barely hold onto his palismen.
Footsteps were quickly approaching his door, meaning he had little time. He grabbed a bag and threw in as many books as he could.
Rascal formed back into his bird form, and Hunter put him in. "Don't worry, I won't let them get you."
He muttered, closing the bag.
Just then, Kikimora entered his room.
"It's the end of the line for you, Golden Guard." She said.
He was cornered.
Well.
There was a window.
That could be opened.
Fairly easily.
....
He slammed the window open and hopped on his staff.
"Byeee!~" he sung, flying away.

It didn't take him long to realize he had absolutely no clue where he would go.
"Well shit.." he said aloud.

The next few hours has been filled with nothing but flying. He had no clue where he would go.
That is until, he realized how bad his injury was.
Well, he had been impaled.
He noticed a house in the middle of the woods he was flying over, and decided to stop there.
Hopefully there weren't any scouts.
"There can't be anything worse than that.."
He was wrong.
He'd just stumbled upon the Owl House.
Once he landed on the soft dirt, he had to use his staff as support as he stumbled towards the door.
The owl face on the door abruptly came to life.
"Oh! Hello new friend! What's youurrr nameee? My name's Hooty! Hoot hoot!" He exclaimed.
Hunter let out a frightened yelp and fell to the ground, which further aggravated his wound.
"Wh-what are you??" He questioned.
"Yknow what- never mind that, can you- please get someone?"
He absolutely despised asking for help,
but he didn't really have much of an option.
"Oh alright! I'll be riiiggghhttt back, hoot!"

The demon-thing stretched out and opened the door, continuing to elongate much more than should be normal. He limped into the house, blood trailing in a thick stream behind him. He was barely able to stay on his feet, and his vision was quickly getting worse.
"Good job on not breaking the window, but don't break down my door next time, got it?"
someone praised from the stairwell.
The voice was oddly familiar.
Was that, the human?
"Oh Titan..."
He was in deep shit.
He did not want to get caught up with the human again, even if he was in trouble.
Once she rounded the corner, Luz stopped.
"Hunter?? What are you doing here??"
He opened his mouth to respond, but a wave of dizziness washed over him and he completely passed
out.

꧁HIII sorry this took ages, it's surprisingly hard to write ^^; pls give me some feedback 😓 ty!꧂