Chapter 1: Noob

"Aaaaahhhh almost, almost" I shouted as I pressed all the keys on the keyboard "Yes yes"
"C'mon Yoomin" Jimin shouted. "Yoomin Yoomin" Taehyung chanted. Moments later as the competition was about to end, I had a familiar voice call out to me "You can do it, Yoomin"
I looked up quickly to see who it was and I felt like my soul had left my body😳~

"What are you doing here?" I scoffed.
"Look, I can explain" he pleaded "Just give me a chance, please"~

5 years ago~(you're 13 years old)
It all began when I first met my two best friends "Jimin" and "Taehyung" during my 8th grade.
I have known Taehyung and Jimin since 1st grade but I just never bothered talking to them since I had nothing to talk about.
But one day, they both just came up to me and asked if I can be in their club, so I asked "What club?" "It's a gaming club" Taehyung answered and I asked him to continue, so they explained everything about it and I accepted to be in their club since I was interested in games.
As we were in the gaming club for years, we became best friends instantly so I thought we just clicked.

13 years ago~(you're 5 years old)
Before I came to Seoul, I used to study in my hometown, Daegu. It was really peaceful there and I really never wanted to leave but since my parents were offered new job opportunities in Seoul, we had to move. I was really sad since I had to leave my friends behind especially him.

He and I met in Daegu Kindergarten and at first we weren't on good terms though. When I had entered class, I went to sit on a chair but suddenly I fell to the ground and to check who had moved the chair, it was him already laughing at me. I don't remember his name but I couldn't forget his mysterious cat eyes until now.

Some months past and he and I actually became friends and as a friend, I really expected him to be there when I was leaving for Seoul but he wasn't there. So I waited for a while thinking that he would come but didn't. My parents said that we should just go or else we would be wasting time, so I listened and we left.

I still don't know whether he is alive or dead or maybe still in Daegu but I just wanted to forget about him since he broke our promise that we made not too long ago of saying goodbye to each other if any of us were leaving. I hated him since then.

5 years later~(you're ten years old)
As some years past living in Seoul, I became interested in games and not just any kind of games but video games. How?
On my way to school, I noticed a new arcade had been opened and it looked interesting.

So later that day after school, I decided to pay a visit to 'Gamers' Arcade' . I was greeted by a robotic mannequin at the door step "Welcome gamers to Gamers' Arcade" . It looked funny so I entered just to tour the place and that's when it caught my eye.

"League of Legends available on Play Store or any other App Store, Play it now and you won't regret it"
The ad continued to show other different games but this "League of Legends" really left a wow face on my face. 🤩
Get it?

From that day, I started going to Gamers' Arcade often and played different kinds of games and I was surprisingly good at them. The owner even noticed how good I was and gave me a prize of playing games there 1 month free. Do you know how that feels?

One day as I was going to Gamers' Arcade obviously, I was greeting the manager and was heading to my usual spot while looking back when suddenly I bumped into someone causing me to fall. "Yah, watch where you going" he shouted.
I looked up to see who it was and I just stood up and shouted back "You're the one with glasses🤓, pabo, so why don't you watch where you're going".
And he just left leaving me dumbfounded. "Huh" I scoffed and headed to my spot.