Dummy [Madeleine x Reader]

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

Madeleine x Reader Fluff

Short: <1,000 words

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

The crowd cheered as instruments and bells of all kinds rung out. It was impossible to even hear yourself think with all the noise. The whole kingdom was celebrating the return of the heroes, the very cookies that helped to defend their home. There was food and music, and confetti filled the sky.

A swarm of cookies crowded the red carpet laid out for the arriving cookies, they all walked in one after another. Amid the heroic cookies, one stood out to you in particular. The shiny and charismatic knight emerged from the group of returning cookies, raising his sword. The praise he received was all going to his head, and he just so happened to overlook a certain upset cookie.

Once the cookies had all settled, the party continued as normal, the brave cookies stood in the very middle, answering questions and catching up with their family and partners alike.

The airheaded Commander was still much too distracted to notice that same irritated cookie approach him from behind. A quick grab at his arm caught his attention right away. He turned around, his eyes meeting yours, and he felt a chill go down his back.

You simply walked away, still holding onto Madeleine, as he tried to dismiss the worried cookies that surrounded him. It wasn't exactly a far walk, but the entire walk there you never spoke a word. He was nervous, mostly because he knew exactly what you were doing.

The door swung open with some hesitation, and you both walked in. Without a sound, you dragged him over to the couch and set him down. Now, he could see your face clearly.

And he could most definitely see how pissed you were.

"Look, it was only twice this time, and I didn't almost die." Madeleine started to defend himself as you started taking off his armor. His very pronounced and punctuated demeanor wore away when you were with him. Instead, you saw the softer and more understanding Madeleine. You still thought he was very dumb, though-

"I don't care. I told you to use the potion if you had to, that's why I made it." You said, as you reached behind the couch and for the first aid kit. With how much trouble Madeleine gets into, you hide one around every corner in the small house.

He smirked, "I DID use the potion, it worked wonderfully." You made a full stop, before staring him in the eyes. The potion could bring someone back from near death. How hurt was he that even the potion barely made a dent.

"You are such a dumbass. When there is danger, run the other way, stop putting yourself at the very front of it." You rolled your eyes, before placing your hand over his largest wound. "And stop attending these stupid celebrations when you are practically bleeding to death." Your words were very harsh.

The bandages you used were laced with a healing magic, one you used yourself. Once you had inspected most of his body for any more injuries, you sighed, looking away from him.

"Hey... Y/n... you know I love you, right?" He said with a soothing voice.

You jumped up and hugged him, careful not to press against the larger injuries on his chest and stomach.

"I love you too, you idiot. Stop getting hurt so much, you worry me sometimes." You said, still mad at him, but not mad enough to forgo a hug from him. It had been a long time since you last saw him, him and his dumb stupid face.

"We don't have to go back to the party, I like it right here," Madeleine said, shuffling down onto the couch, wrapping an arm around you, and pulling you close.

You leaned in, "That sounds good to me."

Before you could get too comfortable, you pulled away and looked him directly in the eyes.

"But don't think for a second that if you do this again, you'll get away with it. I will follow you if I must, don't test me." Your words were very stern and sharp, with no hint of a joking manner in them.

He laughed, "Fine, I'll be careful next time."

"You better be careful, dummy." You lay back down on his shoulder, staring into the fireplace in front of you two.

"Of course Y/n, only for you."