i. day one

Zayn was sitting outside on the wall that surrounded his house. His smoke was in his hand, and his eyes scan around the block. Waiting for Liam's backpack to be spotted.

"Hey," said someone. Zayn looked down to see his mom. She smiled at him, and tugged on the sleeves of her sweater. "Hand it over, mister. What did we say?"

"That if you didn't see it, I can smoke it?" Asked Zayn, smiling a bit. She extended her hand, and shook her head.

"Zayn, this is a step closer to getting lung cancer. Is that what you want? To burden your sisters in debt because of your stupid ways?" She said, tossing it on the ground and stepping on it.

"Sorry I'm not always worrying about their future. Thinking of mine first, if that's okay." He mumbled, looking back out into the streets.

"Sweetheart," started Zayn's mom. The kind of mothering tone in her voice. Zayn bit his lip, and waited for her smothering advice. "He's probably not going to come today. Vacations aren't until Thursday."

"He promised." Zayn didn't bother to turn towards her. If he did, he'll look her in the eye and breakdown. He knew vacations weren't until two days from today. He knew Liam wasn't going to visit him first.

Liam's first instinct is going to be his family. Then, on Saturday, he'll visit Zayn. He'll tell him that he had to spent time with his family. And Zayn will nod, and just be glad to have his boyfriend back.

Until that day, Zayn will wait for him on the top of the wall.