♡ 8 ♡

───────────── ⋆⋅♡⋅⋆ ─────────────

"You are the one who found it?" Jaemin looked up from his phone and saw the girl he had a hint was the owner staring at him with a disbelieved  look.

"Yeah it's me." he said slowly.

"Why didn't you give it to me at school but waited till now?" Mae

"I wasn't sure if it was you but had a hint because of a drawing of our college and another of your brother." the boy rubbed the back on his neck.

"You couldn't have known that if you didn't look through it. You did, didn't you?" she exclaimed shocked that the person she thought was kind-hearted would actually do something like that.

"I did." Jaemin couldn't keep the eye contact with Mae as the disappointment in himself became bigger.

"How could you? There's something could privacy okay?" her voice trembled and she began breaking down.

"I know and I'm really sorry what I did. Is everything alright?" he scouted to the side and let the girl take a seat next to him.

"No." she mumbled as tears were forming in her eyes and slowly  fell down her cheek. He felt terrible for what he had done, the girl seemed to be affected very hard by it.

They sat there in silence for a few minutes, Jaemin letting Mae cry in his arms and stroke her hair to calm her down. He found it very comforting having her by his side even if she didn't talk with him a lot. Since the first time he laid his eyes on her back on the first day on the new school year he was already mesmerized by her. They both nearly never had time to meet up as they were in different years and majors. The boy was also still too shy to approach her and start a real friendship, he did feel more for her but didn't want to rush things and he didn't know if the girl felt the same towards him.

"Are you feeling better now?" he asked carefully to not take Mae by surprise and let her adjust to the situation.

"A bit, thank you." the girl gave him a small smile, she was taken back by the older boy's care for her. Nobody beside her brother maybe before had understand when to stop and let her alone or just let her be sad. Everyone always wanted her to be happy and move on from sad things fast but it isn't that easy as everyone thinks.

"Do you wanna talk or should we listen to some music?" Jaemin pulled out his phone and earplugs from his jacket pocket.

"It's fine, I wanted to let out things from my chest for some time now and this seems like a perfect opportunity." Mae pulled her sleeves over her freezing hands and zipped up her jacket.

"You really don't have to talk if you don't feel comfortable. You don't even know me really so I would understand if you would just take the notebook and leave me here." he said handing the book to her that had been next to him throughout the whole time.

"No it's okay, don't worry. Someone was bond to find out so that person is you and I'm actually glad it's you as I feel like I can trust you." she took it from him and stuffed it into the bag she had brought along with her.

"I promise I won't tell anyone." he put out his pinky and she wrapped her own around it. "Promise."

"The reason why I got angry before is because I don't want strangers or just anybody to know my secrets and worries. The past few months have been though for me as my family moved to Seoul without me, i struggled with leaving by myself and then I got bullied for some stupid reasons. I didn't really want to talk to anybody about it because I didn't want to bother them with my problems and so all my negativity bottled up inside of me. The only way I could relieve some of the stress was by doing art and writing little notes." Mae told him as she moved closer to him and he put his arm around her.

"I truly can understand you Mae, feeling like you can't tell anybody about your problems because you don't want to make people worry about you and let them live their own lives. But you should know that you have me now, I will always listen to you and help you." the boy rubbed the girl's back, keeping her warm and comforted, and smiled at her widely.

They sat there for over an hour until the girl's mum called her and frantically asked her to come on as it already was nearly midnight and they both still had school tomorrow. Jaemin walked her home and waited for her to get in before making his way back to his home where all his friends could be found sleeping comfy and soundly. He quickly changed clothes, quietly slipped into his and Jeno's room and went to bed exhausted by everything that had happened this night.

Both him and Mae slept peacefully in their beds dreaming of each other without knowing that in the future they would cross paths more often than they would ever imagined.

...

After her talk with Jaemin-oppa she felt much better about herself, he shared his own struggles with her too as for instance feeling like he can't meet his parents expectations and make them feel proud of him or not knowing if what he is doing currently is the right path for him. This made her feel much closer to him and they both promised each other to stop being so closeted and share their problems not just between them but also with their loved ones.

"You are so smiley today. Did anything good I don't know of happened?" Jumi nudged her best friend. The two girls were in the yard and revising their homework in the lunch break.

"No, just feeling great. Do you want some snacks? I'm going to the convenience store." Mae brushed off some dirt and helped her friend up.

"Of course, who do you think I am?" the girl took her bag and they both went through the gates.

"What should we get?" Mae asked while walking.

"I'm really craving ramyeon so we should get some of that and we can chose later when we are there." Jumi said as they came to store.

The girls stepped into the place, greeting the owner before making their way to the instant food section.

"I want spicy ramyeon and some gimbap." Jumi grabbed the food and put it into the shopping cart.

"We should also get bread." Mae added and went to the next section to get more food.

"That would 15,000 won please." they paid for their food and took a seat next to window watching the people walk past them on the street.

"Today is really the best day ever, I'm eating ramyeon with my best friend and we don't have much homework to do."

───────────── ⋆⋅♡⋅⋆ ─────────────