Chapter Two - The Woman

Yunho was walking alone through the streets of his hometown with two bags slung over his arms. The rubbing of the plastic of the bags against his leather coat made a constant noise. It was sunny today, the green of the trees looked even greener than usual. It was early and his father had asked him to go find ingredients he needed for a recipe. Yunho had decided to make a little detour through the park.

It was the same park where he and Mingi spent their afternoons after school. So much had happened in this park that it would be impossible to tell or write it all down. He kept his treasured memories in a corner of his mind, some of them were restored in sight of some specific places and elements of the scenery. He imagined himself on a bench nearby, with him, discussing about plans for the future. When a child nudged him lightly as he passed by with another child on his back. Yunho didn't know if he was hallucinating or if it was an unbelievable coincidence, but the children looked exactly like him and his friend back then. It made him smile softly. Suddenly, the initially prosperous atmosphere of the garden grew increasingly unpleasant and provoked a feeling of sickness in Yunho's stomach. It teased his sixth sense.

Police cars were parked in the middle of the green space and a ribbon blocked a good half of the park. Yunho approached and tried to bypass the men standing guard out of instinct and habit.

"Stop. You can't enter here, sir." One of the three men said, taking him by the arm to prevent him from moving any further.

Yunho searched the pockets of his coat then felt those of his pants, he was looking for his badge. When he remembered the painful reality, he was no longer an investigator. Yunho sighed and stepped back. When he saw a figure in the corner of his eye. It was a young woman who was watching the crime scene as well. Her head was resting on the tip of her finger supported by her other arm. She had long, light brown, slightly red hair that was shining under the morning sun. Her clothing was all gray, with a white t-shirt under her blazer and a skirt that showed off her curves. Her feet were shod in black court shoes. Yunho did not see her face, he approached her to engage a conversation. The young woman blenched.

"Oh my god! You startled me..." She exhaled trying to stabilize her breath.

The first thing Yunho noticed on this woman's face was her sharp jawline and her thin, fox-like eyes. Her makeup was wonderfully made, a smoky effect enhanced the brown of her eyes, coral lips and neat eyebrows.

"I was deep in thought..." She chuckled, revealing adorable dimples and small canines sticking out.

"I know that well ... Did you come here to contemplate the commotion?"

"I wouldn't use the term 'contemplate' but rather ... study." She said still deep in thought.

Yunho was now intrigued.

"Here? Study? But you're not in the field?" He observed.

"Ah yes ... I am not allowed to go in ... You neither from what I saw." She replied.

"Are you interested in this affair too?" He rejoiced.

A smile appeared on the enchanting face of his interlocutor.

"I am Jeong Yunho, investigator ... ex-investigator." He said stretching out his hand.

The younger woman gave him a satisfied smile.

"Choi K ... Kia .. Ra. Ex ... Investigative reporter." She stuttered, shaking Yunho's hand.

"Ah fascinating! Where are you from? Kiara isn't Korean, am I wrong?"

"A-ah no! It's Korean! It means -..."

"The first ray of sunshine?" Yunho cut off.

"Y-yes that's right! You are an expert aren't you..."