On The Run - Book 3

"Officers, the chief wants to see you both" said the secretary.

Sunoo and Beomgyu nodded and stood up. They had finished a case yesterday and had been filling paperwork until the chief assigned them a new one.

Sunoo knocked and entered after being invited to.

"Good morning chief" they said together.

The chief was quite young, but had proven on multiple occasions that he deserved his position.
His eyes were filled with determination and his temper was legendary in the whole state. He even was given "The Eagle" as nickname because of it.

"Ah, I don't know if I can call this morning good" he said, with a worried expression.

Beomgyu sat down, quickly followed by his partner. Sunoo knew he had nothing to worry about, but nonetheless always felt pressure when he was in the chief's office. He wasn't even able to maintain eye contact with him for more than five seconds.

"We have a serious case on our hands, and I'm not going to lie, usually it wouldn't be given to young officers like yourselves. Nonetheless I decided to trust you two. You have shown great results in past cases, so I am confident you won't disappoint me this" explained the chief.

~~~~~~~~~

Enjoyed this little teaser?
If you want to read the rest, you can check my bio to find the Book 3 of Connected!