25th Kill - Tag

1 – Lentz, Gerit (147) Mute/Loner

2 – Shiota, Nagisa (85)

3 – Malinay, Stag (61)

4 – Veleten, Zerren (54)

5 – Nakamura, Rio (42)

6 – Yada, Toka (38)

7 – Isogai, Yuma (17)

Stag chews on his thumb nervously as the six of us walk Kayano to the spectator room.

"Hey! Man, I really wish I was a part of that challenge." Sugino works out his arm, rotating it as though getting ready to pitch. "I always wanted to try throwing them!"

"Well, you shouldn't have saved Nagisa then." Nakamura shrugs. "Your fault."

"Hey..." he grumbles.

"What took you guys so long to get back anyway?" Lannamay asks, arms crossed. She seems more open to communication, but still upset from this morning.

"Oh, she's totally rooting for you." Sugino points to Lannamay. "We were talking and—"

"Didn't she give her coins to Gerit?" Nakamura interjects.

"Well, yeah, but she was upset." Sugino shakes his head. "And technically, Gerit is the best choice, no offense." He waves in my direction.

"But you're willing to work with us now?" I ask.

"Just curious, but what can we do as spectators?" Kayano questions, confused.

Sugino grins. "We get an outside perspective." He motions towards the screen. "It was actually Lannamay that saw it first, but did you know Gerit only watches certain people?"

My eyes widen. "I didn't, actually. Was he watching me?"

Sugino shakes his head. "That's the weird part. He only watched Yada and Isogai on this last challenge. It's like he knew they were going to do the best besides him."

There is a long and quiet pause when we all simultaneously respond to Sugino. "What??"

"How could he know that?" Isogai throws his hands out to the side.

"He did it when you faced the demon too." Lannamay adds. "He watched Stag, Zerren, Isogai and Sugino primarily when you all had to dodge the demon."

"He did?" I lean in, wondering how I could have missed that. Then I realize: I didn't.

He knew when to look out for me.

"I can't be sure since I was in the moment, but I think it's because we had the easiest time passing the challenge. He knows us somehow." Sugino explains.

"All of us?" Stag crosses his arms to keep from chewing on his nail out of nervousness.

"That'd be my guess." Sugino returns.

"But how?" Isogai asks again.

Zen walks into the room. "It's time for the next challenge. Contestants, please follow me."

"So basically, we can do a lot as spectators." Sugino directs to Kayano. "We aren't out of this thing yet."

"Alright!" Kayano pumps her arm once, feeling more confident. "Good luck, everyone!"

-----

We meet in front of a door near the back of the hotel. It leads to the next section, adding to the line we used to be moving in since the beginning of the contest.