Chapter Forty

Michael

I stand here literally staring the guy who betrayed me in the face. I really want to kill this nigga. I never thought that after all this time, he shows back up to my got damn door.

"Please." Shaq said. I don't know how long stood there wanting to slam my fist in his fucking face. I tapped on the door, debating..

"May I ask why?" That was all I could say because he really needed to be careful with his damn words at this point. I never wanted to kill someone so badly.

"Mr. Jackson, I really just want to spill some truth. I know that after all the shit had happened, I-" He completely stopped talking and I flinched as a high pitch scream came from my living room. I left him there and ran to check on Rainy.

She was standing up, drenched in sweat almost panicking. "Baby!" I said as I walked up to her and wrapped my arms around her. Her body shakes a little as I pecked her head a few times, she cried in the process.

"Baby, you okay?" I said. She takes a deep breath and pulled back. I stayed with my arms around her. "I thought that she was back." She said as she looked at me. I shook my head and dried her tears.

"No, baby." I said as she nodded and she looked over my shoulder. "Who the fuck is that?" I turned to look and Shaq stood there with a shocked look on her face. "That's Shaq baby." I said.

"Wait..you the one that betrayed Michael?!" She screamed almost running to him and I grabbed her. "No baby. Your injured, you can't look at me." She hollered and then I held on to her body, tightly to keep her from hurting herself. And she relaxed in my arms, panting she calmed down. She was still in tears, "Do you know how much shit we had to go through! You hurt him and now you just fucking show up after all this time!! We lost our fucking sister!! Oooo.. it's taking everything in me not to break your fucking face!!" She yelled in tears.

"I'm so sorry. I just wanted you guys to understand that I never wanted anything like this to happen." Shaq said. I turned to look at him still holding Rainy.

"And yet now, my sister is dead. My sister died because of all this and my girlfriend is hurting. You stood back and didn't do anything to stop shit." I said calmly.

"I think I showed up at the wrong time. I just- I'll just go." He said.

"No!!" I yelled. " Your going to stay here and explain yourself. I been there for you for years and this is the shit that I get paid back for? " I said as I looked at him.

He stands there for a moment trying to figure out what to say next. He goes to open his mouth but he just clears his throat.

"Michael, I have to sit. " Rainy said as I looked back at her her pain was coming back. I nodded as I gently sat her back down and I wiped her tears planting a kiss on her cheek.

"Imma go and finish dinner. You have to eat on that medication " I said. She nodded, "I'm sorry baby. " She said as she looked down, wiping her eyes.

"You don't need to apologize. You did nothing wrong, okay? " I said and she looked back nodding at me. " I'll be right back this won't take long." I said as she leaned her head back on the couch.

"Kitchen, now! " I said as I stood up and I walked passed him. He followed behind me as I turned the stove back up. I grabbed a bottle of bourbon, pouring me a glass just to sip for a minute.

"Now," I said crossing my arms, "You can get whatever the fuck it is off your chest and then leave. I have things to do." I said as I stood there with my arms crossed.

"I didn't got through with anything Angela did. I fell for her only because she was just venting too much but I didn't mean to take her from you... It just happened." He said. He stood a mere six inches from me, careful not to get close to me..