𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

IT WAS TWO-THIRTY A.M, I WAS COLD, TIRED, AND REALLY REGRETTING MY LIFE CHOICES.
I had on a thin zip-up I had stolen from Soda, and wearing short sleeves under that. Johnny was wearing his normal jean jacket and jeans, but he had the collar flipped up. Ponyboy, on the other hand, was wearing what looked like a tank top and jeans, he looked like he was going to turn into a popsicle.

"ain't you about to freeze to death, Pony?" Johnny asked, breaking the silence.

"you ain't a woofin'" Ponyboy replied, rubbing his arms, and taking drags from his cigarette.

It looked like Ponyboy was about to say something, but then we all heard the sound of a car horn. I looked up and saw a blue mustang circle the park.

"Well, shit.." I murmured. Johnny was swearing under his breath

"What do they want? This is our territory, what are Socs doing this far east?" Pony muttered.

I shook my head, "I dunno, but it ain't for a good reason."

Johnny shook his head as well, "I don't know, But I bet they're looking for us, I mean you picked up one of their girls." He shrugged.

"Oh, Glory." Ponyboy groaned. He was not having a good night.

"Should we bolt?" I asked suddenly.

"Too late now, here they come," Johnny said.

There were five of them, all boys, coming at us. They looked pissed off, maybe drunk but mostly angry. I watched Johnny's hand go to his back pocket, the one with his blade.

I touched his hand, "Hold on." I said softly. I didn't want anything to happen.

Johnny looked scared, I could understand his reflex to get the first thing to defend him, but if something happened, I don't know what I'd do.

As the Socs got closer, I could smell the whiskey leaching off them, they stank so badly. There were only three of us against their five, it was going to be a tough fight. I hoped somebody, anybody would come out and see what was going on, and hopefully jump in. They didn't.

Johnny's eyes stared cooly now, Ponyboy was staring at them, and I was trying not to breathe too much. I hated to admit it, but I was scared of them.

It was Randy, Bob, and three other Socs I hadn't seen before. The one, Bob I assumed, had on the rings, attached to the same hand that gave Johnny that nasty scar on his face. A protective feeling washed over me, I didn't feel as scared anymore, I was angrier than anything.

"Hey, whattaya know?" Bob said drunkenly, "here are the little greasers that picked up our girls! And their little whore!" Bob said pointedly at me. Oh, was I getting pissed.

"You're outta your territory," Johnny warned, "You'd better watch it."

Randy swore at us but winked smugly at me. I scoffed. "Nup, pal, yer the ones who'd better watch it. Next time you want a broad, pick up yer own kind -" Bob looked at me, " - dirt."

"Why you!" I went to lunge at them, but Johnny pulled me back. I was about to resist, my anger clouded my thoughts roughly, But I got back into place, the touch of Johnny's hand against mine seemed to calm me down. I thought I felt a spark, but I was probably just cold.

"Yea, control your bitch." One of the Socs said, and the others laughed. I couldn't believe I was letting them say this to me, but I wasn't going to create more problems.

"Y'know what a greaser is?" Bob asked, "White trash with long hair."

I was taken aback at that, yeah I've been called greaser and trash by so many Socs on a daily basis, but this time it was different. Johnny made a kind of gasp sound.