#10: The Fall

How can someone with tainted hands save anything at all?!

Training Ground

Eleanor placed forced on her hands and made Miranda fall on the ground. The rest of the exorcist were dispatched to look for their Marshall. "Were you thinking of something else?", Miranda massaged her bottom. Eleanor apologized and assisted her to stand.

"You're quite strong. I have always thought of you as someone who is very delicate", Miranda chuckled. Eleanor looked at the floor. "I wasn't trying to say that you are weak or something like that!!!", Miranda shook her head. "You're right, Miss Miranda. I am weaker than I thought I was", Eleanor looked at her hand.

"The truth is... I am formerly a soldier", Eleanor informed. "Really?! I apologize for assuming otherwise!!", Miranda bowed very low. Eleanor was startled with her reaction. "You believe me?", Eleanor tilted her head. "I shouldn't have?! My apologies, I am really gullible!!!", she cried. Eleanor sweat dropped and patted her shoulder. "Let's go take some rest", Eleanor pointed at the herbarium.

Herbarium

"This place makes me feel relaxed for some reason", Eleanor looked at the open space on the top allowing sunlight to enter. "Kanda also likes going here", Miranda noticed. "For his personal teas", Eleanor chuckled. Miranda felt relieved that she's laughing. They both sat on the chairs placed inside.

After coming back from the previous mission, Miranda often sees Eleanor not touching her food. This also made Jerry feel depressed. "I will be assisting Allen and the rest in searching for Marshal Cross", Miranda opened. "It must be tough for Allen and Lenalee to witness Marshal Yeager's death", Eleanor remebered the sadness on their faces. "Is it only tough on them?", Miranda looked at Eleanor's crimson eyes. "Ah. I'm just fine. Don't mind me, Miss Miranda", Eleanor waved her hands.

"Aren't you also allowed to grieve?", Miranda suddenly said. She felt as if Eleanor is denying the feelings of sadness. Eleanor stood and washed her face near a sink used for getting water for the plants. "Why should I be allowed?", Eleanor felt the cold sensation from the water. "Why should someone like me be allowed?", Eleanor clenched her fist.

"Hey! Hey! MIRANDA!!! You are being called by Chief Komui!!!", Reever and the rest of the Science Department entered. Miranda was startled. Johnny and Tap pulled her and pushed the lady out of the herbarium.

Reever gulped and carried the barrier machine. "You were about to feed on Miranda, right?", Reever saw Eleanor's reflection on the mirror. Her eyes have turned full black. "Hatred. This host is a good feeding place. But, her hatred makes me ask for more", Eleanor's voice turned more cold and breathy. "You are tasked to protect human lives. Why would you be feeding on them?", Reever engage with a conversation.

"Protect? Save?", the innocence controlling Eleanor let out a sarcastic laugh. "Who said innocence are used to protect? It is only used to destroy!!! The evil must be destroyed. Humans are also evil. They should all the same be destroyed with demons", Eleanor's hand move on its own and brought out the scythe. Reever felt nervous but used the barrier to capture Eleanor. Some other science department also did the same. "Pitiful", Eleanor crushed the barrier with her own hands. "Strong!!!", they all shouted. "How can she be that strong?", Tap whined. "Destroy", Eleanor said under her breath. She was about to swing the scythe but pair of sharp teethed sword blocked it for the scientist. "Hurry and leave this place!", Squalo shouted. They all shrieked and did what was asked.

"You're one suspicious bastard. How come you were able to live when you're also in that place?", Squalo was talking about the death of exorcist. "Marshal", Eleanor's right eye turned back to normal. Her body is moving on its own and having a close combat with Squalo. "You're body is agile, young lady", Squalo squinted and swept her feet. He was about to chain her but Eleanor's hand already reached on his chest. Her wound opened and blood enveloped Squalo. A small monkey pulled back Squalo having him be separated from the lady. "Its amusing to watch you get crushed by a lady but we are in need of exorcist this time", Claude, another Marshal, used her whip as a rope to restrict Eleanor's movement.

"Sorry", Eleanor finally gained her consciousness. Claude sighed and lets her go.

Infirmary

"Marshal Claude told me that I tried to attack you. Please punish me as you see fit", Eleanor said while lying down the bed. Komui had a small smile while checking on Eleanor's arm. The tattoo went bigger.

"How are you feeling?", Komui asked. Eleanor hesitated on answering. "Sorry. I shouldn't have forced my way here", Eleanor covered her eyes with her other arm. "You will do just fine Eleanor. We just have to work together how you can control your innocence better", Komui patted her head. "It was also my fault why Reed and Chalker died. For Mr. Devon and the finders, they also died because of me", Eleanor body shakes in anger. "Don't let it eat you up, Eleanor. Don't let anger overtake you", Komui said with a soft voice.

"Chief, about Suman", Eleanor decided to tell the truth.

Eleanor's Room

She saw talismans on the window and door.

You are also a weapon here.

"Shut up!", Eleanor shouted.

You're just being used once more.

Shut up!

Look at your hands. It's till being bathed in blood. Although you tried to escape it, you are still trapped on the same prison.

Shut up! Please. Stop.

She heard a knock on the door." What is happening inside?", Claude asked from the opposite of the door. "Sorry, was I loud?", Eleanor slapped herself to keep her sanity. "Are you fighting with your innocence?", Claude leaned on the door. "Don't worry, Marshal. I will do my best to keep it still", Eleanor assured and laughed nervously.

"Do you want me to kill you?", Claude offered. Eleanor was startled. She slowly moved towards the door. "No. I am even not allowed to die", Eleanor remembered the face of Devon. "I see. Muster all your reasons to live", Claude smiled and marched away.

Eleanor stayed awake the whole night.

The next day
Town Circle

"Eleanor! Make it fast", Squalo shouted. The lady sighed and carried the Marshal's luggage. "Where are we headed, Marshal?", Eleanor asked. "Don't ask. Just follow", Squalo continued walking.

They were about to board the ship but a finder caught up with them. "I am Gouz and I will be working with you", the tall lad gave his salute.

Ship
Longue

"Eleanor. Go get me some food!", Squalo ordered. She nodded. "I will do it", Gouz flushed looking at Eleanor. "You will be crushed by Marshal's hand. Let me be. He's been doing this since we left the headquarter", Eleanor chuckled and left.

"Tch. She's not getting mad", Squalo clicked his tongue. "Bastard! Why won't she get mad?!", Squalo threw the vase. "Marshal", Gouz sighed.

Ship's Dining Hall

Eleanor prepared some set of food to serve Squalo but someone gave a salute. "General!", his voice trembled. Eleanor gulped and just gave a nod. "I am no longer in service", Eleanor shook her head. "That uniform, are you now a priestess?", the man raised his brow. "Your family is waiting for you", Eleanor peeked at the beautiful woman and the child giggling. The man bowed very low. "If not because of you, I wouldn't be able to go back to my family. Thank you very much", the man cried. 

"Marshal is waiting", Gouz looked at the man with curiosity. "I just did what I have to", Eleanor said with a cold tone then left. Gouz stayed and watched the man wipe his tears. "She's still fighting, isn't she? What war is she involved now?", the man asked. Gouz knew he isn't allowed to mention about the Order. "She fought before?", Gouz was intrigued. The man raised his head and was startled with the huge man. 

Chapter end.