Chapter 1

Chronological ep.2
Key:
~thinking~
"Other characters speaking"
Everything else

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Wake up"

...

I felt something lightly shake me. I chose to ignore it because I got very little sleep last night due to work.

"Millooooooooooooooo"

I let out a sharp grunt and turned around on my mattress.

"WAKE UP!!"
I felt a small fist hit me in the side, it didn't hurt but it was definitely surprising.

My eyes shot open and met bright blue eyes, I immediately recognise them as my brothers, his eyes were very pretty in contrast to my dull grey ones.

"Ugh Scout did you have to wake me up like that" I said

"No other way was working!, plus you have work today, don't you?"

~Shit~
I mentally cursed

I check the small crappy iPhone that we share and see that it's already 8am. I jump out of bed and swiftly get changed into a simple T-shirt and jeans, rummaging around the tent for everything I need. I ruffle my hair in a desperate attempt to make it presentable but give up after a about a minute. I put on my only pair of shoes which are some old black sneakers, pop a mint in my mouth and leave the tent with my skateboard under my armpit.

"Don't wonder to far from the tent while I'm gone , okay?"
Scout nodded back, I zip the tent up and sprint to the nearest foot path, from there I start the long skate to town. Our tent is located in a secluded section of an almost abandoned park, one of the benefits of that is there is an old vacant public bathroom about 50 metres away. Although the area is pretty sketchy and lots of gangs members and alcoholics tend to hangout out near by.

~Time skip~

I'm skating through town and I've almost arrived at the cafe I work at, I rode there really fast so I doubt I'll be late thankfully, heck I'm going to be early!

Suddenly a cat jumps out in front of my board, in a desperate attempt to not hit it I quickly redirect my board, I barely skimmed past the cat at an uncontrollable speed.
~This isn't looking good, I've fully lost control of my board~
"I'm going to crash!"

...

...

...

THUD

I crashed into a person.
~oh shit I'm screwed.~
We both tumble down on to the floor and the person lands on top of me basically pinning me down to the floor, my eyes take a second to adjust

"HEY WATCH-" a familiar voice begins.
I recognise the voice straight away, it was my best friend..

"Milo?.."

"ugh sorry Zack, I lost control of my board"

He seemed to have only just noticed the position we were in, him basically pinning me to the floor, his cheeks started to heat up into a bright shade of pink
~hmm weird~