9- Two Loves, One Heart

"Tikki, spots off."

A pink light surrounds Ladybug as her transformation falls and Marinette takes her place.

Adrien immediately recognizes the pink jeans, dark blazer, and two pigtails. His eyes widen. Marinette is Ladybug? He stares at his classmate—partner and best friend—and starts to smile.

"Adrien, you're not saying anything," She whispers, insecure now. She knew Adrien loved Ladybug, but she had hoped he'd feel the same way about her, too. "Maybe this was a mistake—"

"NO!" Adrien steps forward and grabs her hand. "No, this isn't a mistake. This is perfect! You... you just made me speechless for a moment, that's all."

Marinette's eyes widen. "I made you speechless? But you're... you're you! Adrien Agreste, a famous and beautiful model. You're all over magazines and billboards. You make me nervous. And I'm—"

"Marinette," Adrien whispers, cupping her face. "You're... Marinette."

A blush creeps on her face. "So... you like me?"

"No."

Her heart falls. "But you just said—"

"I love you, Marinette." Adrien fills the space between them and kisses her, wrapping a tight arm around her waist as he pulls her closer.

Marinette melts against his touch—speechless now—and moves her arms around his neck, standing on her toes. She leans back with a smile. "I love you, too."

Plagg and Tikki float over.

"While this is a sweet—and disgusting—moment between you two love birds," The tiny cat starts, gagging, "Shouldn't you check and see if your classmates are alright?"

Marinette's eyes widen. "Oh shoot! He's right."

Adrien smiles. "Let's go then. I'll race ya."

"Tikki, spots on!"

"Plagg, claws out!"

***

Marinette and Adrien transform outside the school before running in the classroom. No statues. All their friends are back to them old selves.

"Alya!" Marinette screams, running over to her best friend. She hugs her. "I thought I lost you."

"Marinette!" Alya hugs her tighter. "I'm so glad you're safe. That means Ladybug and Cat Noir fixed everything."

Marinette turns and glances at Adrien, smiling. "They did."

Kim walks over to Adrien. "Listen, dude—"

"I'm sorry," Adrien blurts out, cowering in guilt and embarrassment. "For what I said or did when I was... I never wanted you to see that side of me."

"No, I'm the one who should be apologizing," Kim admits, shaking his head. "I took things too far. I know that. I'm sorry, man."

The model smiles at his friend. "Thanks, Kim."

"For what it's worth, though," The swimmer adds, wrapping an arm around the boy's shoulder. "I totally think you might have a shot with Ladybug."

Adrien stares at Marinette as she talks with her best friend. He smiles. "I think so, too."

"Don't get too cocky," Kim jokes, rubbing the model's head. "I said might."

As their classmates say goodbye and part ways, Marinette and Adrien face each other in the empty classroom. They both had a million thoughts running in their mind and a million more questions they wanted to ask each other.

"I was wondering—"

"How did you—"

They share a laugh as they speak over each other.

"You go first," Marinette insists.

Adrien shakes his head. "No, you go."

"I have so many things I want to ask you," She starts, rubbing her arm. "But maybe we should go somewhere more private and talk."

"Our spot?" Adrien suggests.

She nods. "Our spot."