Chapter 1

"Listen, I'm not here to make friends.".

The young boy's eyes bore deep into yours.

His arms were crossed, his strained lips showing no sign of compassion.

"If you think I willingly came here you've got the wrong idea.".

Diluc thought back to what his father said before he dragged him out here,

"Be nice to the girl, okay? I know you can.".

He sighed.

You looked down at your feet, shuffling them uncomfortably.

Your mother had dragged you out here against your will too, when all you wanted to do was to sit down and practice your lyre playing.

You belonged to an esteemed family of Mondstadt, the L/N Clan, Diluc the Ragnvindr Clan, and your parents thought it would be an amazing idea to get you two to be friends.

"I'm gonna go fishing by the river in Springvale. If my father asks where I am tell him I'm there.".

You perked your head up, to see Diluc making his way down the path.

Fishing.

You used to fish with your father before he had died.

"C-Can I come...?' Your shy, little voice spoke up.

Diluc turned around, his long, red hair swishing behind him in a ponytail.

"I thought girls wouldn't be into an activity such as fishing..".

You followed him slowly, a small smile on your face.

Diluc looked at your eyes, shining with anticipation.

Kaeya wasn't into fishing and his father was so busy half the time that Diluc would usually fish alone.

Although he hadn't intended to look twice in your face, it would be nice to have some company.

Even if it was a girl.

He didn't show it, but he half smiled internally, and motioned for you to follow him.

"Okay then, follow me. I have spare fishing rods.".

...

Diluc did not speak to you as you made your way down to the river in Springvale and sit on the rocks.

If anything, he was shy and embarrassed.

He had not spoken to any girls other than his late mother and his nanny that used to take care of him when he was small.

He did not know how to act around you or say, so he meekly handed you your rod.

He was afraid that you'd need a demonstration on how to fish, but you were already quite an expert, throwing your line and smiling as you waited for a tug.

"Don't break the line now," Diluc said sternly.

He had a face as hard as stone as he too threw his line and waited for a tug.

Suddenly, you felt something pulling at the other end of the line.

"Oh! Diluc! Look!".

You pulled in the line and a fish went flying into the air as you laughed.

...

Diluc thinks back on this day as he sits in his mansion at Dawn Winery, taking a small break from writing a guest list for the large scale ball he was planning.

Y/N of the L/N Clan...

It was true that as a small boy he had no interactions other than with his servants, Kaeya and his father, so meeting someone else outside of his little bubble had been a big scare.

He smiled to himself.

He hadn't liked you much.

But it was nice to hear you laugh once in a while, whenever the two of you went fishing by the river, which you usually would at least once every week.

When did you stop..?

Diluc thought back on it.

He hadn't even seen or heard about you since the death of Crepus Ragnvindr, his father.

You were there.

He remembered your distraught face as he had walked through the gates of Mondstadt with Kaeya, Crepus' dead body in the carriage that they were in.

You stood outside in the rain, your hair that had been specially styled for his 18th birthday ruined, as Crepus was buried.

He had heard you sob and wipe your tears away, then turn to him and whisper,

"I'm so sorry.".

After that his heart had turned cold.

And after that you had never seen each other again.

Diluc looked back at his guest list.

He tapped his pen thoughtfully on the table, before scribbling a name down, quickly before he could change his mind.

Y/N L/N

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

A/N: Hello!! It's me again, back with another new fanfiction!! I've been thinking of this for ages now...especially after I got a c1 diluc somehow and since I needed to rewrite my zhongli one...oops.

Well for all you Diluc simps I have started this new one!! I'll have exams over the upcoming weeks soooo I won't upload the next chapter for a while but I will get to it asap!!