ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕆𝕟𝕖

It was a great morning at the March family's house, that is until the doorbell rang. 

"I'll get it!" Elodie shouted from the kitchen. Once she opened the door, she saw a man with a letter in his hand. "Mrs. March, this is for you from your father." The man says hesitantly. "Oh um... okay thank you." Elodie says confused while closing the door. "MARMEE A LETTER FROM FATHER WAS BROUGHT BY A MAN" Elodie shouts from downstairs. Everyone comes running down the stairs happy to hear that their father had the time to write to them. "Daddy wrote for us." Amy says excitingly. "I'm surprised he even had the time to." Jo says rudely. "Marmee can you please read it to us?" Meg asks. "Ya please read it to us." The girls plead. "Ok ok, now calm down girls." "Dear my little woman, I hope you all are doing well I 'm writing this to tell you that I won't be able to make it to your birthdays or Christmas I am so very sorry, be good to your mother and don't drive Hannah crazy, xoxo." Marmee read to them. They all had tears in their eyes but chuckled at the end, Elodie was the closest to her father so when she heard that he was going to miss her and her sister's birthdays again including Christmas she lost it and decided to get up and run out the door. "Elodie where are you going!" Beth shouted from inside. "Just let her be we knew this was how she was going to react." Says Marmee sadly. Elodie continued running until she bumped into a boy "Oh..uh...I'm so sorry." Elodie says still in tears. "Oh um it's ok." "I'm Laurie Lawrence by the way." Says Laurie. "I know you're the guy who lives in the creepy house." Elodie says as Laurie chuckles. "I'm sorry if I'm asking but, why are you crying?" Laurie says out of curiosity. "Oh um it's nothing." "I'm Elodie March." Elodie says. "Pleasure to meet you, Mrs. March." Says Laurie. "Pleasure to meet you too Mr. Lawrence. Oh and please call me Elodie." Elodie says politely. "Ok Elodie, oh and please I just go by Laurie." Laurie says politely. Elodie and Laurie talked for a while until Elodie realized she had to get going, "Laurie?"Elodie asks. "Ya." Laurie says. "What time is it?" Elodie asks. "It's nearly 12:00p.m, why?" Laurie says. "Shoot shoot, I need to get going but I shall see you soon." Elodie says while running leaving Laurie confused.