VIII: Fawn-Colored Deceit

Third POV

It was 1 am when everyone had been accounted for and things were finally settled, everyone gathering in the mafia in a secure room opposite of the banquet hall. This time the security was everyone in the A-Unit.

In total only 3 people in Katsuki's clan got injured (Todoroki whose cheek was slightly grazed by a Swiss knife, Uraraka who'd had a small bruise on her ankle from stumbling around in heels in the dark and Shoji who had a small cut from dodging a bullet).

On the opposite side, there were 4 fatalities, even though they were unsure how many they were, to begin with.

Unfortunately, how they managed to bypass the security and even figure out this private wedding still was unknown which was infuriating, to say the least.

Izuku stood quiet by Katsuki's side, merely watching the man leaning against the back wall, thinking about a plan to put into action considering they didn't have much to go on.

As expected, Izuku had gotten an earful from the blonde for disobeying his direct orders, in a series of under-the-breath curses, and light but angry kisses on his face and neck.

Unless...

"If only we had a motive as to why we'd be attacked like that," Todoroki uttered, feeling Asui slip a bandage to his wounded cheek, quietly thanking the green-haired woman.

Everyone began to think, the room falling silent until the doors to the new hall opened up, revealing Ojiro and Hagakure who'd changed out of their messed up wedding attire.

Izuku scooted closer to Katsuki, feeling sorry at his revelation, but knowing that if they were gonna fix this then they needed to be told the truth.

"I-I think they were there for me." He suddenly stated, looking down at his hands and not everyone else, scattered looks of confusion taking over.

"Izuku, what're you talking about?" Katsuki questioned the boy whose brows were pinched downwards.

"Before I went for my gun I saw two of them look directly at me." Izuku started, "The one in front tapped the other who prepared to aim at me specifically."

"They kept aiming at me, and it wasn't just them either, that sniper also aimed for me too."

Interesting...

"If this was just an unorganized attack; a show of power then you'd think that they'd be going for the easiest kills of those at the reception, not someone who's supposed to be guarded 24/7," Izuku added.

Sero cleared his throat, "I think he might be right."

"I mean the ones I and Kaminari were fighting didn't seem all that interested in shooting us; it was more like they weren't trying to gain our attention like there was something else in mind."

"Alright. Now we know what they were possibly after," Hagakure commented, folding her arms, "Now we face the task of why they were after Midoriya."

Katsuki stood upright, "We'll figure that out tomorrow; for now we go home and get some rest I'm sure we're all tired after this."