One: I'm Done With This

Hayley sighed as she sat on the couch near the water fountain in the Mikaelson compound, feeling better to be no longer kidnapped and tortured by Greta however she still had grieved Klaus and Elijah's deaths with Freya, Vincent, Kol, Davina, and Rebekah. It's true that the Hallow doesn't exist anymore, but the pain of losing them still carries its weight in every inch of this place and the city itself. Thinking of Hope now only was the reason she did anything and why she made an effort to speak with the others about it, even if sometimes they didn't want to discuss it. Still, she let them know she was there for them.  Not only did she have that hanging around, but her and Klaus's daughter had finally become a full tribrid. 

Without Klaus here to discuss how to deal with this, she realized she'd have to rely on the others for their help with it. As if she had said their daughter's name aloud, Hope came walking into the compound. Rising up from the couch, she stared at her daughter. 

"Oh, so you're back now.", Hope began, not seeming to wait until Hayley spoke first, she smiled but it wasn't sincere and continued, "Well I'm sure wherever dad is at, he's better not seeing me like this. Still, it is very refreshing. Not having to worry about anything."

"Hope, this isn't you. You wouldn't ever do this. I know you wouldn't.", Hayley said, trying her best to convince her daughter to turn her humanity back on. She walked a bit closer and kept talking, keeping her eyes on her daughter. 

"Mom, you don't know me like you used to. You don't know what I'm capable of. But, I wouldn't mind showing you.", Hope said, smiling again before her eyes turned gold and dark gray veins appeared under them. Without waiting for Hayley to say anything again, she moved forward and grabbed her mother by her throat, lifting her up off the ground. 

Hayley gasped and coughed before twisting Hope's hand backwards, hating that she was having to hurt her daughter, and kicked her away from her. She managed to get a few breaths in before she was suddenly lifted up in the air and thrown backwards into the wall, leaving a crack in the stone pillar. She fell onto the floor of the compound and lay there for a few moments, trying to get her bearings together. 

"You see mom? You may be the first unsired hybrid, but not even you can stand against me. Alaric was the same way, but I had to make the rest of the students at the school know not to come after me.", Hope said and then laughed but it was a cold one. 

Hayley got back up and glared at her daughter once she had gotten air back into her lungs, saying, "I don't want to stand against you Hope. I will never hurt you because you're mine and your father's daughter. Whatever you did to Alaric, there better be a way to undo it because if there's not once you turn your humanity back on, you will live with that guilt for the rest of your life and it's not something that's gonna be easy."

"I'm never turning my humanity back on, mom. I may be your daughter, but I'm more like dad and I don't care what happens to Alaric. It was nice seeing you, but I'm gonna leave now. I have more important things to take care of.", Hope said before turning around and vamp speeding away. 

Unfortunately, she didn't get to the gate because she was suddenly knocked down onto the ground. Rolling over, she stared into the face of her mother, except that her mother was an overly large wolf that growled down at her. She changed into a white wolf as well and the younger wolf snarled up at the older one before biting at its muzzle. 

The older wolf bit down on the younger wolf's shoulder hard enough to cause the younger wolf to whimper in pain and let go, getting off it and changing back into Hayley who stared at it  with pain in her eyes and then spoke, "I don't want to hurt you Hope, but if you don't turn your humanity back on, I might not have a choice. Please, don't be like this."

The younger wolf changed back as well and Hope, unlike her mother, was fully dressed. She rolled her eyes and said harshly to her mom, "I'm staying like this and you can't do anything to stop me. I'm done with this and the family. If you're all supposed to be my family, then just stay away from me mom." 

She then turned around and left the compound, leaving Hayley alone who sighed and vamp sped upstairs to get changed before she went into the foyer and sat by the fireplace until either Freya or Rebekah got back. Hours passed and then she sensed both of them downstairs. Rising up from the couch, she walked out of the room and stood at the railing. 

"Care to explain what in the bloody hell happened here Hayley?", Rebekah said when she noticed the female hybrid. 

"Hope attacked me and then left.", Hayley said, the pain in her voice being heard equally by both Rebekah and Freya.