Chapter One

My love for dear L'Manburg is so great,
my heart melts for thee til' the dusk of day
The nights suspiciousness whilst she's away
destruction, cruelty til' dawns day

She in beauty is great
Wondering mind til' she sees,
dying is all I do,
While waiting for the moment, for she to say
"I love you"

The book closed with an irritated huff, as the girl let out a groan. She could just not get this poem right. And it meant a lot to her.

L'Manburg was her home after all.

As the girl rose from her seat amongst the ferns and leaves under a tall oak tree, proud and old, they brushed off a layer of dust and grime off her pants. As they straightened themselves out, a whistle caught in the wind tracked her attention to a skinny blonde boy running towards her with a wide set grin on his face.

This was Tommy, her best friend in the whole world. He was there for her.
Through thick and thin, there he was by her side throughout it all.

When Tommy reached her, out of breath but still full of enthusiasm, he said,

"Come on! Back to L'Manburg! Wilbur has news for us all." and without any further explanation, he clutched her soft hand in his own rough calloused ones and rushed her straight back to the shining and tall walls of their home together.

No matter how cheery Tommy seemed, the news Wilbur had was not cheery. The stoic leader paced around a small van, worry pacing his face in sync with his heartbeat.

A skinny and pale girl frowned worriedly "It can't be right, it's pure..pure," she was lost for words "poppycock!"

Wilbur let out a stressed sigh "It's all true Quinn. They're threatening war upon our nation."

"But we are not prepared!" the girls thick french accent shone through her words "All we have worked for, however strong we could be, is no match for their forces."

"For we have no choice dear. We go to war tomorrow dawn." he stared out a dust covered window towards his freshly new nation. L'manburg had only been established for a couple months now but had become a dear home to many. He could not let these people just take it away like that.

As the citizens of L'Manburg gathered around their sollum faced leader, worry overtook them until a sharp jawed woman stepped forward. She read Wilbur's emotions swiftly and said,

"Our worst fears have been confirmed I assume." in a hushed tone, as if the senders of the letter was listening in on them in this very moment.

Wilbur nodded and the group erupted into a chaotic scramble. They were scared. Wilbur could see that. He inhaled and silenced the group, drawing all eyes to him,

"We will not let them take our land! This is our home and we will fight as such for it!"

A silence occurred afterwards, and the wind blowing through the trees was all that could be heard, of course until the woman spoke up again,

"I second that statement. Wilbur is right. We have put too much effort into L'Manburg to just give it up like that."

Soon enough the whole group once more erupted into speech, but not of fear, of excitement and hope. As the sun set on their nation, it shone its beacons of light and prosperity amongst the group of women and men eager to protect the place that that hold dear to their hearts. It shone on their faces, their determined, utterly buoyent with their plight for freedom and a non-corrupt free government.

Little did they know their little plight for freedom would lead to a much bigger mess in the not so far future. Especially for the pair from the beginning of our little story.

Their names are Kai and Tommy. And they are in for a wild ride.

~~~
CREDIT TO KAI FOR THE COVER POGCHAP :D