the beginning of despair

I was on my way to sector 7, shinra had plans to kill off avalanche by droping the sector plate on the entire city. When we got there though, biggs and jessie were dead. We tried to stop them and we had failed. So now we plan to go straight to shinra corp building to rescue aerith. As we got there, we found out hojo was planning to mate aerith with some creature named red XIII. Hojo recognized me though.

"Oh..your aisai arent you...its been a long time since ive seen you, tell me dear girl, have you sensed...him"?

"What are you on about hojo! Move aside or i swear ill fucking end you"!

"Hehehe...well he will find you soon enough my dear...and once he does the prophecy will come into fruition".

Cloud moved me behind him and glared at hojo. Did cloud know who he was talking about? Of course hojo ran off so we continued to head to the top floor and confront president shinra but when we got there, everyone on that floor including him were dead.

"W..what the fuck happened here..".

"Aisai dont look".

But i did look and when i did i saw...his masamune sword. The man that destroyed my home town and killed my father. The man that was abusive when i was dumb enough to date him.

"Sephiroth...it cant be, he..he died in nieblehiem".

"Oh? Are you sad that i didnt..."?

I weilded my kitana as i heard his voice. I looked around but didnt see anyone. Did i...imagine it?

"Stop hiding and show yourself you fucking coward"!

"Oh aisai...is that any way to treat the man you once loved"?

"That was a long time ago sephiroth! I was stupid then! I shouldve never dated you"!

I kept up my guard. It seemed i was the only one there. Wait...where did my group go? Where were my friends? Why am i...alone? My head was pounding. As it did i saw him in front of me, i froze in terror and disbelief.

"You...".

"Its good to see you aisai...or should i say....jenova".

"W..what are you...".

"You shall see soon, and i shall be the one to awaken you as new Jenova".

He gently touched my cheek and smirked. Terror filled my eyes. Why...why is he alive. He died years ago. What does he want with me and what is talking about with this "new Jenova" bullshit. He leaned close to my ear and whispered.

"Ill see you soon...aisai".

"Ngh.."!

I pushed him away and was about to swing my kitana till i saw cloud in front of me. He didnt flinch or move at all. I dropped my sword in shock and disbelief and looked at him.

"C..cloud i..im so sorry".

"Aisai...how long have you been having the visions"?

"I..ive only had dreams of him in my sleep but..wait how did you.."?

"Because ive been getting them as well, i know how you feel and i know you can feel him too".

I teared up and he hugged me to comfort me. He could tell i was afraid. For the first time i was scared to death.

"Its ok aisai...ill make sure he doesnt get to you, i promise on my life i wont let him near you".

"C..cloud...".

Tifa and aerith both looked away. Did they both have a thing for cloud? I stopped shaking and nodded then picked up and seathed my kitana.

"I..im fine now...thank you cloud, your always there for me as well as tifa".

"Anytime aisai...we should go now".

We left the building and left midgar. We knew our mission now. Stop shinra and sephiroth. As we decided to rest at the nearest town we stayed at an inn. Cloud even told us how he remembered the nieblehiem incedent but there were a lot of missing factors. I remember it vividly and cloud wasnt there. Just me tifa zach and sephiroth. And also one of the random troops but he had his helmet on so i didnt see his face. After that, aerith looked at me. Shes been eyeing me for reasons i didnt know. And barret even noticed it.

"Hey aerith, why do ya always stare at aisai? Ya got some crush on her or something? I know shes cute but-".

"N..no its nothing like that! Its just...aisai? Do you remember your parents"?

"Huh? Well...i was raised by my father, he was a scientist that worked with hojo named Ivan Terral. My mother...she died when i was born so...i dont know much about her..why you ask"?

"Well...as a cetra i can sense my own kind and...aisai, your an ancient like i am".

"No thats just ridiculous, i wouldve known if i was and besides, i can tell that you are".

"Exactly, you can sense your own kind. Your mother must have been one as well, tell me, do you hear random voices"?

"W..well sometimes but...ive had that since i was little...doesnt mean anything though".

"Your wrong aisai, thats gaia and the people in the lifestream speaking to you".

"N..no i..i cant be...".

"Aisai...what do the voices tell you".

"Well...they cry for help and say they are in pain, that the world is suffering because of the mako reactors being siffened and used to benefit humans...thats why i first joined AVALANCHE".

"Thats what they tell me as well, see Aisai? Your a cetra like me".

"No...no i..."!

Was it true? Am i an ancient? Is the voices really spirits and gaia talking to me? Everyone looked at me. I was in shock and disbelief. This whole day was confusing and just hectic. But the thing i couldnt understand was why am i seeing sephiroth? Why am i able to sense him as well as cloud? I was exhausted. I just needed some sleep right? Then tomorrow will be a better day. But as i fell asleep, i felt like someone was watching me.

"Soon aisai...very soon...you will become...new Jenova".