Chapter 2; A New Friend

Reader's Point of View

"No way, so you're telling me that you're not from around here at all?" Orange spoke, she took yet another big bite from her Crusty Seanwhich.

I shook my head no to her, crumbling up the used wrapper that my food previously was in. "No.. I'm from Calamari County," I spoke while bringing my drink up to my lips and drinking the liquid inside before setting the container down. "I've never once been here in Inkocoplis."

Orange's forearm went over her mouth, wiping the cream off her face. The squidkid then leaned forward some what, "Why did ya' come here then?" She asked, "Was it to be the freshest, coolest or the trendiest?"

"None of those."

"Huh?"

I pushed my tentacle bangs out of my eyes, Orange gave me a confused look at I told her I didn't want to be the 'freshest' around.

"The reason I came to this city is to be someone in turf wars, I know I'm a newbie and all but after seeing so many teams on screen.. it made me want to come here." I said to her, setting the crumbled up wrapped next to my half drank drink. "I saw tons of Team Blue's battles and I want to be just like them!"

Orange's eyebrows furrowed somewhat as she took in the information I gaven her, cocking her head to the side. "So you wanna get up there with the better people in turf, huh?" She asked, in which I nodded to her question. "How about I help you with that dream?"

This shocked me. Somebody I met today already wants to help me reach my dream.

"..What?"

"Yeah! I wanna help ya!"

Orange jumped out of her chair, the bottom parts of the chair screeching against the hard concrete. She wore a bright smile on her face showing her 3 little fangs most Inklings had.

"I can help you with this dream of yours! I have friends who we can team up with, and we can show you the ropes of turf!" She said, walking over to my end of the table. She leaned herself down to where we were face to face.

My (e/c) eyes stared into Orange's orange ones.

On one hand I did want to have her help me, and grow me as a better players snd potentially become friends with her. But on the other I didn't wanna trouble her to go this extra mile for me, for someone she doesn't even know.

"You know what?" I said her, my own smile grew on my face. "Let's do it! Lets be a team!"

Orange practically started squeezing the heck out of me, her never ending smile growing more. "Oh thank you, thank you (Y/n)!" She said.

Orange eventually backed up, as she pulled out her white squidphone.

I scooted out from my seat, the concrete beneath me and the seat collided making underneath me groan in a horrible screeching noise.

"Alright, (Y/n)! I contacted my friends, Blue and Green should be here soon!" Orange stated, putting away her squid phone. "Until then lets go to the Shoal!"