Prologue

The Name Of Honor

Maureen belongs to the Salazar clan, a notorious family, and one of the most powerful, allied with Nevada. She was an orphan adopted by the head of the Salazar clan, Don Lucas.

Maureen Salazar is the last surviving member of Nevada's Salazar clan. Maureen was a happy child, eager to please and be worthy of her clan name. When the traitor murdered the rest of the Salazar clan, Maureen was crushed by the loss of her family. Maureen devotes years of her life to avenging their family by killing the traitor.

Maureen was born with a very powerful technique, described as very foul and evil. She is not like the rest and surely, not going to be one of them.

On the other hand, here is Kaleb Paxley, the man of honor, and a hero who people looked up to. A man whom Maureen will encounter.

Prologue

The night in Salazar's mansion is captivatingly amusing. It gives me vibes that I don't feel when I am on the roads, staying up late at night because I will never feel safe.

I felt like someone was going to attack me whenever I decided to close my eyes so I could sleep.

I tried my best to study the body technique so I could protect myself from anyone's attack. I never wanted to trust anyone, not until Don Lucas came at me and sheltered me.

He made me feel alive, and better. He sheltered me in his own home. He gave me food to eat, he cared for me better than my parents did. My parents abandoned me without saying a word, they both left me.

I sighed in disbelief. Hindi na ako umaasa pa na muli ko silang makikita dahil alam kong wala nang tyansa pa para sila ay makita. Hindi ko rin mawari kung sila ba ay nabubuhay pa.

"You are thinking about your parents again..."

I turned my gaze at Don Lucas when I heard his voice. He's reading my mind again. Napairap ako sa inis saka napailing. Kapag ako ay nalulunod sa kaiisip, nakakalimutan kong isara ang aking isipan.

"Leave those memories in your past, Maureen. Leave it to them. Free yourself from those traumatic experiences of your life." He whispered.

He suddenly disappeared, and I am used to it. He only appears in my sight whenever I need him. He only appears whenever I am drowning myself with thoughts.

Hindi manlang ako nakapagsalita dahil umalis kaagad siya. Iyon na lamang muli ang pagsasalita ng espirito niya sa akin. Don Lucas is already dead.

Napairap akong muli at napabuntong-hininga. Muli kong isinarado ang aking isipan para hindi na mabasa pa ni Don Lucas ang isipan ko.

"Maureen..."

Itatapak ko pa lamang ang aking kanang paa papasok sa aking k'warto nang marinig ko ang pagtawag ng isang babae sa akin. Agad akong kinilabutan nang mapamilyaran ang boses niyang iyon.

Agad akong napatingin sa aking likuran para makita ang babae, ngunit agad akong pinanindigan ng mga balahibo nang sumalubong sa akin ang banayad na hangin.

Nakagat ko ang ibabang labi kasabay n'on ay ang pagsalo ko sa palasong pinatama sa direks'yon ko. Hanggang ngayon ay hindi natatahimik ang p'wersa ng kalaban sa pag-ubos sa angkan ko.

Don Lucas' death made me awaken my eyes technique. It confused me because I am not an original Salazar, I am just an orphan from the roads.

It made me question my own identity. Who am I?

In our world, two techniques exist, the body technique and the eyes technique. They say that eye technique is the most superior of all. The eyes technique is said to be the most powerful technique to ever exist.

But, not until I discovered this technique called power technique. It is a technique that could only made using the combination of eyes and body technique.

Power technique is the most nebulous of the three, and may most simply be described as anything that is not eyes or body technique.

As far as I know, they have taken for granted the power technique because not all can do it. When you have an eye technique but can't master the body technique, you can't do the power technique.

But when you master the two, you can also master the third yet the most powerful technique to ever exist.

"Eyes technique also known as Eerie." The woman stated, her voice is so familiar. "The most powerful technique..." I heard her smirking.

My eerie automatically activated when I turned my gaze at the woman. My whole body was stunned when I saw her face. No. This can't be true.

"S—Sylvia Salazar... The g—ghost of the Salazars."

B-Bakit sa akin ka nagpapakita?

"They mislead you as the ghost of the Salazars, right? Do you want to know why?" Her voice seems to persuade me.

"I-I don't want to know!" I shouted, but my voice was cracked.

"Okay." She laughed, it sounded so evil!

Bumilis ang tibok ng puso ko, at agad akong naghabol ng aking hininga nang tuluyan na siyang mawala sa aking harapan. My eerie inactivated when I closed my eyes.

Even after her death, she's so powerful to the point that her name is enough to scare someone.

Halos mahulog ang puso ko sa kaba dahil sa pagpapakita niya sa akin. She looks so young and her beauty is unrealistic! I don't even know why she's named as the ghost of the Salazars.

Sa takot kong magpakita siya ulit sa akin ay agad ko nang sinarado ang pinto ng terasa ko at agad na pumasok sa aking kuwarto.

Halos mamatay ako sa kaba dahil sa pagpapakita niya. Kaya naman pala siya binansagang ghost of the Salazars ay dahil nagpapakita na lamang siya agad agad at sumusulpot sa kung saan-saan!

Hindi na ako magtataka kung kahit sa kabilang buhay ay katakutan siya nang nakararami. Hindi pambihira ang presensiya niya at mas lalo nang marinig ang pangalan niya.

Tiyak na kikilabutan ang lahat sa presensiya ng kaluluwa at ng pangalan niya.

Ngunit agad ako napaisip sa iniwan niyang mga salita bago siya tuluyang mawala sa aking paningin. Hindi ko mawari ang pinahihiwatig niya sa mga salitang iyon.

"The lone conqueror of the two exalted powerful clans."

&.&