00

Yeonsoo's POV

I was busy studying when I suddenly heard running footsteps from the stairs on my right. Then the voices of my cousins yelling at each other followed right after. I softly laughed under my breath when I heard Choyeon's voice.

"THAT BETTER NOT BE MY SWEATER, JIYEON!" She yelled as I looked up from my textbook and saw one of my younger cousins running out of the cafe with a blue sweater on. 

Then her sister followed right after but stopped by the opened door and turned around, facing me.

"Unnie, we're off to school!" Choyeon said with a big smile on her face.

I nodded and quickly asked her, "Did you girls get your lunch money on the dining table upstairs?"

The young middle schooler replied back with a simple 'yes' before leaving the cafe and closing its front door. I smiled as I watched her catch up with her twin sister, Jiyeon, who waited for her by their bikes. Then the two were off. 

I looked back at my textbook and was just about to continue reading when I heard a voice from behind me.

"Did they leave already?" My uncle asked as I looked over my shoulder and saw his head peeping out of the kitchen's curtain.

I playfully raised my eyebrow at him and joked, "Sometimes I wonder if you're really their father."

"Of course, I'm their father! As if I can be their mother- I definitely did not push them out into this world," He exclaimed with his own joke.

I scrunched up my nose as I cringed at his reply. "Not the reply I was expecting, but alright."

"Looks like being funny is out of the window," my uncle muttered under his breath, making me chuckle.

Then he adds in while standing beside me, "Oh, look! I made my favorite niece laugh!"

I shook my head at him and said, "I didn't know you had other nieces, Uncle."

Choi Min snorted which was not the first time and I doubt it'd be the last. Then he started to act serious as he noticed the time on the clock.

"It's almost opening hours. Yeonsoo, do you mind changing the sign outside? I'll head back in the kitchen and check if we're missing any ingredients."

"I don't mind at all, Uncle!"

I closed my textbook, walked out of the counter and over to the front door. Then I pushed it open and walked out into the cold autumn morning. I turned the open-close sign around and placed my hand inside my apron's pockets. Then I took a deep breath in. It's been a year since my life went on a big rollercoaster. But I never regretted my choices.

I looked across the street where I used to park my yellow minivan. It once belonged to my mother who was so proud of having her own vehicle after leaving the company she used to work for. I don't really know the full story of why she left but all I know is that after leaving, she was happy and free from whatever held her back. I later on heard from my uncle that she then met my father and a few years later had me. I barely know my parents as they both had passed away when I was six years old, but hearing stories from my relatives and the people who knew them makes me feel like they're still here with me. 

The minivan was later on given to me as my high school graduation gift from my uncle. I've had my ups and downs with it but it eventually became a huge part of my life. But I never thought that I'd have to give it away last year after such drastic and dramatic events. Although I never regretted the choices that I made... or so I've thought.

"Miss Yeonsoo! Miss Ji Yeonsoo!"

I turned around after hearing the voices of people calling for me from down the sidewalk. Then I jumped in surprise when flashes of light appeared in front of me. I had to cover my eyes to avoid them but it was no use. 

"Miss Ji Yeonsoo! Is it true that you're the Secret Driver of many idols and actors who was secretly dating last year?"

"Miss Ji! Were you the one who drove Mr. Kim and Ms. Shin to Gapo Airport last August?"

"Ji Yeonsoo! Are you the woman that Idol M kissed at the awards show?"

"Did you earn money by driving these celebrities in secret?"

"Please answer us!"

"No, answer us!"

"Hey! We asked first!"

What the f*** is happening? How did they find out?

Then I suddenly felt someone grab my arm and pull me back inside the cafe. Whoever they are, they closed the front door and locked it. I noticed my uncle pulling down the shades and peeking through it to check if the crowd of journalists and their cameramen had left but they were still out there.

"Are you okay?" A familiar voice asked.

I looked to my side and was surprised to see...

"Oh... Oppa? What are you doing here?"

🌼 A/n: 

Hasdjajajajaja don't mind me.
I was gonna make the prologue longer than this but lol someone wanted an update. 😂😂😂 

[ chapter not yet edited. ]

[ published: 20211114 - happy two months to myzac oof 🧡 ]