2AM conversations

Throughout Atlantis was darkness. Not a sound could be heard throughout the peaceful city, well, except for one room. Dr Mckay's Lab. Luckily for all Atlantis personnel, they had made sure none of their quarters were anywhere near it. The time was currently 0200 and still, the occasional explosion and streams of curses trailing after it echoed through the corridor outside.

Major John Sheppard was in there with Mckay, both of them building remote control cars, seeing as the Daedalus refused to send down two for them, "And what could you possibly need remote controlled cars for, Major?" They managed to find a loophole by requesting for the parts to make it, each receiving different parts to divert suspicions. They weren't that stupid, believe it or not.

Rodney was sitting at his desk, currently screwing a bolt into the back of his 'car'. John, however was coding his controller already, having had some experience with it from his childhood.

"How the hell have you almost finished your car, Sheppard? And since when do you know how to code?" Asked the extremely shocked and confused scientist.

"Oh, I've done this many times before. My Dad refused on buying me one. Not sure why though, probably because it would've 'distracted' me." he shrugged slightly, frowning.

"Distract you from what?"

"From being the 'famous mathematician' that he always wanted me to be. My Mum didn't care what I did, as long as I was happy."

Rodney realized that his best friend must be tired, since he never ever  talked about his family. Seeing as this was a one-time opportunity, he started asking more questions about the Major's family.

"So er... got strict parents?"

"Well, my dad is. He runs Sheppard Industries-"

"Wait wait wait wait wait. Hold up. Sheppard Industries? as in 'The' Sheppard Industries? My god! You must be rich!"

"I guess..."

Rodney couldn't believe it. His best friend was secretly a multi-millionaire and he never thought to tell anyone.