part seven

After explaining to Flynn what had happened, Flynn and Julie, both headed to the Wilson mansion, whereas Luka headed home, due to the extra birthday coming up.

"Mom, I'm home!" Luka announced as she closed the front door.

"Hey, honey. How was your day?" Emily asked.

"Oh, you know, the usual. Went to school, hung out with Julie and Flynn, played." Luka answered with a smile, "How was your day?" she asked.

"Well, your mom and I were wondering, if we could all eat dinner together, and then go catch a movie," Mitch suggested as he entered the kitchen.

"Yeah, sure. Sounds great." Luka said and finished her glass of water, "Well, it depends on the movie." she said with a grin.

"You remind me of an old family friend," Emily said as she adored her daughter.

"Does this family friend have anything to do with the upcoming birthday?" Luka asked, making sure not to say anything that could subsequently trigger her mother's feelings.

"It does," she answered and looked at Mitch.

"Have we ever told you who we celebrate?" Mitch asked as the three sat at the dining table.

"No, not that I remember," Luka admitted, and her heartbeat hitched, were they finally going to tell her?

Emily grabbed Luka's hand, and held it in her's, "We don't know how to tell you this, we really don't." she admitted, looking at her husband, seeking help.

"What your mother is trying to explain is that this person meant a lot to us. And even though you've never met him, he means a lot to you too." Mitch said.

Luka didn't want to rush her old parents, but she was too anxious to wait, "So, who is HE?" she asked.

"Luka, you have a brother," Emily answered.

The fifteen-year-old felt slightly dizzy, but soon regained an undizzy state, "What do you mean?" she asked.

"He died a few years before you were born, but you guys are so alike." Mitch said, "I mean, I really don't get it, your appearance, your humor, the way you talk, and your music."

"Luke was an amazing musician, just like you," Emily said with a smile and teary eyes.

"Was that his name? Luke?" Luka asked.

"Yeah, well, it started out as Lukas, but we changed it later on - legally - to Luke," Mitch explained.

"Because he couldn't pronounce it for some reason," Emily said with a chuckle.

"How old was he?" Luka asked.

"He died when he was seventeen. Just a little older than you now." Mitch said.

Luka didn't know what to think, "So, if I couldn't have pronounced 'Lucia' when I was younger, you would've changed mine to Luca?" she asked.

Her parents chuckled, "Of course." Mitch said.

"So, what're we having?" Luka asked, trying to cheer her parents up.

"Hot dogs, but homemade," Mitch said.

"Ooh, my favorite," Luka said with a smile.

Right before dinner, Luka decided to call Julie and tell her that she wouldn't be able to make it to the dance.

"Hey, what's up?" Julie asked over the phone.

"I'm gonna have to rain check, sorry." Luka apologized.