Prologue

Third Person PoV:
This world is inhabited by creatures called Pokemon. For some people, pokemon are pets. Others use them for fights. Our protagonist, Izuku Bokurei, however, sees them as his family...

You see, Izuku was born with a twin sister, by the name of Sakura Yagi. The two were inseperable for years, until one fateful day. The day when they found out their quirks...  Sakura was found to have a powerful quirk, known as Psychokinesis. It is effectively a stronger form of her mother's quirk.

Meanwhile, our lil broccoli cinnamon roll wasn't so lucky. His quirk was seen as weak, useless, and villainous, known as Ghost Companionship. It is effectively the power to form an allegiance/companionship with ghosts. In this world of quirks and Pokemon, Ghost types are looked down on by many. Ghost Types have earned a bad reputation over the centuries, peaking with the introduction of the biased descriptions in the International Pokedex. Most of these descriptions make the ghost types out to be malicious, soul eating monsters or guides to death.

Izuku was often locked away in his family's basement, or shunned when he wasn't. No one talked to the poor boy, not wanting to talk with the ghost lover. It was in the basement, however, where Izuku met his first friend...

Flashback:

Izuku can be seen, sitting in the dark of the basement. The only light he has, is a small window with moonlight shining through. He quietly sits there, holding a notebook and pencil, two of his few belongings. He's writing notes about the many types of ghost Pokemon he knows about, when he hears something fall nearby. He perks up, looking over towards the source of the sound.

The cinnamon roll stands up, setting his notebook and pencil down. He walks over slowly, looking for the source of the noise. He hears something fall again, and turns to look. He sees something move briefly, and slowly approaches. He peeks around an old, dusty box, and is met by the face of a Gastly. Instead of being scared, the boy just smiles.

Izuku: "Hey there, what are you doing here?"

He asks, looking at the Gastly. He sits down on the floor, as the Gastly just floats around him, observing him. He hears a young boy's voice in his head, not his own.

???: "I... I used to l-live here..."

The voice says, as Izuku looks at the Gastly. He asks the Gastly if it was the one who spoke, and it does the Gastly equivalent to a nod. Izuku reaches, slowly, towards the Gastly. It doesn't move away, letting the boy reach for it. Izuku gently grabs ahold of the floating orb, and pulls it onto his lap.

Izuku: "You did? Wow! I never thought I'd have a ghost Pokemon haunting my family's house!"

Izuku exclaims, as the Gastly just smiles at the boy's energy. The two sit there, talking for hours, since Izuku doesn't really have anything else to do in the basement.

Izuku: "I've been meaning to ask, what's your name?"

???: "I don't remember..."

The Gastly says, sadly. Izuku frowns, and starts thinking about something. He offers to give the Gastly a name, and it agrees. Izuku starts thinking of ideas, and smiles as he comes up with one.

Izuku: "How does the name Mischief sound?"

He asks, as the Gastly floats up off his lap. It floats quickly, circling around him as he giggles.

Izuku: "I'll take that as a yes!"

Flashback End

Since then, Izuku and Mischief have become best friends, and often talk the nights away. Mischief has introduced Izuku to a few other Gastlys who once lived on the property and now haunt it. There's even a Haunter, that Izuku decided to name Nevermore, that considers itself Izuku's older brother. Izuku's journey as a ghost type master, and potentially great hero, has only just begun...