Blades of the Yiga

After snapping at Link, Zelda was ordered to inspect the Divine Beast Naboris of Gerudo Desert. The king told Link to escort her to the desert, and then would return to the castle to continue training. Link escorted her to Gerudo Town and started making his way back to the castle.

Zelda felt a mixed sense of emotions. She felt horrible for how she treated Link, but she also felt like Link reminded her of her own failures and imperfections. She decided she should try to make amends soon. Zelda went to the Gerudo Town spa for a spa treatment, and then to the Gerudo Bazaar for some food.

She spent the rest of her day with her research and making notes in her journal. Later that night, he decided to hang out with Urbosa. Urbosa was her favorite Champion. She was more than just a friend, she was like a mother to Zelda, especially since Zelda lost hers at a young age. Zelda then fell asleep in Urbosa's arms.

After Link returned to the castle, he was ordered by the king to retrieve Zelda from the Gerudo desert. Link made his way on horseback to the Gerudo desert. Link walked up to Urbosa and Zelda.

Urbosa turned her attention to Link, telling him of the activities that had gone on during the day. Urbosa then asked Link about how his relationship with Zelda was going.

He didn't respond. She could tell it was difficult to explain why. She said, "She gets frustrated everytime she sees you with that sword on her back".

"So that's why she hates me", Link said. He didn't know how to feel about this.

"It makes her feel like a failure when it comes to her own destiny", Urbosa said.

So now it made sense as to why Zelda was treating him so harshly. It wasn't a hatred, just pent up frustrations. He felt sorry for Zelda upon hearing this.

Urbosa could sense Link's uneasiness, sadness, and sorrow.

"Don't worry, it's not like you carry blame in any of this. It's unfortunate. She's put in more than enough time. Ever since she was a young girl, she's gone through rigorous daily routines to show her dedication... She once passed out in the freezing waters trying to access this sealing power. And she has nothing to show for it..."

Link now understood why Zelda was so harsh to him the other day. He felt bad for Zelda, as he knew her pain well enough.

"That's the motivation driving her research. I'd be doing the same thing. She really is quite...special. You be sure to protect her with your life. It's quite the honor", Urbosa said to Link.

Link could tell how much Urbosa cares for Zelda. He had wished that he could receive that same kind of affection that Zelda got from Urbosa.

Urbosa then snapped her fingers, causing lightning to strike and waking up Zelda. Zelda was confused for a second, before she saw Link standing near them. "What are you doing here?", she said.

She felt uneasy seeing him, especially because of what she did to him. Urbosa laughed away while Zelda was still confused.

"Link, I'd recommend that you take Zelda to the Bazaar for the rest of the night, okay?", Urbosa asked Link with great sincerity.

"Okay Urbosa", Link said nervously.

The next day, Zelda went out for a stroll in the Gerudo desert to clear her mind. Everything was going okay so far, except for the fact that the heat of the sun was beating down on Zelda.

All of a sudden, three Yiga Bandits appeared out of thin air. Terrified, Zelda ran as fast as she could. She knew she wouldn't be able to outrun them for long. This was all her fault for lashing out at Link with her pent up anger, and since he wasn't there to help her out, she was going to die.

Then, the two Yiga Bandits appeared in front of her. Zelda fell back on the ground from fear, she knew that she was going to die, and Link wasn't there to save her.

One of the Yiga Bandits raised their sickle, about to slash Zelda with it. Zelda closed her eyes and put her hands over her head in fear. Instead of a slashing sound made by a sickle, she heard a grunt of metal and a familiar voice. She looked up, and saw that the Yiga Bandit was on the ground, and she saw Link standing right in front of her, with the Master Sword in hand.

Zelda couldn't believe it, Link had came to her rescue. But why? She thought that Link would've left her for dead because of the way she treated him. But this moment showed Zelda that Link truly does care for her.

Link stood his ground, causing the two Yiga Bandits to back away slowly. He gave a stare that Zelda had never seen before, which clearly told the Yiga Bandits to back off.

Zelda felt horrible for how she treated Link, now knowing that Link cares for her and is willing to come to her rescue. She realized that Link had no blame in any of this, and that she let her petty and pent up frustrations affect their relationship. She had to make things right soon, because only then, would Link and Zelda's relationship become better once more.