bandaids

tw: s3lf h@rm, su/cide

I sat on the old log.

I was alone.

I always felt alone.

I couldn't communicate well.

"hey" I heard a soft voice spesk from behind me. "what are you doing here, we got our meals we need to eat, YOU need to eat" Jake said as he sat down beside me, handing me the piece of bread and water the Entity game us.

"I'm not hungry, but I appriciate the water" I said and took the water bottle from hands.

"Sira.. you haven't eaten in so long.."

"it's okay Jake, I'm not used to eating much anyways"

He sighed, putting the bread down on the log and his face in his palms.

"are you okay?" I asked and slightly patted his back.

"yeah it's just a headache.." he said and straightened himself again. "It will go away"

"oh.. okay then sorry I can't help"

He smiled at me and shook his head.

"you're helping by just being here. Don't leave and we're all good"

I laughed as he just kept smiling at me.

"hey Jake uhm..has anyone ever died in this place? Like sicknesses, blood loss, infections.. not like in a trial but actually - died" I asked.

"no, one tried but he just got respawned back at the camp" he shrugged and looked at me. "I don't think anyone can die here, at least not without the Entity's permission. Why did you ask?"

I looked at the ground and then back at him.

"who tried?"

"I did." Jake said as if it didn't matter. "the trials got annoying and-

"is it really the trials?" I interrupted him, realising he was lying.

"no" he said as he grabbed the ends of the sleeves of his sweather and pulled them closer to his fingertips.

I extended my hand so that it was laying right next to his.

I pulled my sleeve up, and he did the same shortly after.

A bandaid.

I slowly removed the cover up, letting the fresh cuts get some air.

"it's not that bad really" I laughed. "I just wish I had the guts to do it before I got here."

"and I wish I didn't fail" Jake added and took my hand into this.

"guess we both failed. Fortunately"

Maybe not.

wonder howOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara