Chapter 119 (heroes rising)

bruised.

tattered.

broken on the inside and out.

izuku slowly starts to creep awake.

it's bright outside. clear as day. it's daytime, and the sky is rid of the once dark clouds and spiraling winds. the clearer his vision becomes, the more izuku can see his idol, his favorite hero of all time looking down at him with worry.

"..all might?" izuku's voice is dry and cracked.

"young midoriya, sorry for the delay."

beams of sun shine down on the two. izuku's back is placed on all might's knee, letting him look at what's in front of him. rocks of all sizes are scattered everywhere along with small particles that fall from the sky. they look like sparkles, and it brings back memories of what izuku just went through.

"where's kacchan?"

"always worried about others first.." a smile comes onto all might's face. "he's hurt but," he turns around to look at the blond who's laying peacefully on the ground, still unconscious. "he'll be fine. his life isn't in danger."

you can get killed if we do that!

sorry my love. it has to be done.

"y/n.." tears start to pool in izuku's half opened eyes. "where's y/n?"

"she.." all might's smile falters. "she's been taken to the infirmary. mirko is accompanying her."

"is she..alive?"

"her pulse is very slow."

at the heart breaking information, the tears start falling down izuku's cheeks. "this is all my fault...i'm sorry all might. i let you down. i made kachaan try too hard. and i wasn't strong enough.. and that made y/n sacrifice herself.."

"you what?" all might looks down at izuku with confusion.

izuku closes his eyes and hesitates to get his confession out. all might would be so disappointed in him, he's just waiting to be shunned on. "i transferred..one for all to kacchan.."

a low, tiny gasp escapes all might's throat and his eyes widen at the new intel. "one for all?"

"if we didn't use two one for all...then nine would've defeated us.. but i don't regret it. i don't regret giving him one for all and i'm sorry..although you chose me as your successor, even though you told me i could become a hero.."

izuku looked up at all might who takes in every word said. his student sounds so broken, so lost, and just straight up disappointed in himself.

"i wanted to be able to protect everyone.. but even then, i couldn't protect y/n.. i was too weak, and she made us do our blast and sacrificed herself for everyone.."

"what do you mean..?"

"y/n and i have a move together. one where a big blast is produced. but she was told to never do our special move again. it was hurting her. but not only did we do it, we did it with kacchan while he had one for all..."

izuku's whispered voice had all might's eyes shaking in shock. he was just provided with so much information it was almost overwhelming. he didn't expect to hear what he just heard. he just thought you three were badly injured, not all these twists and turns about how you defeated nine.

but still, he looked down at izuku with the most comforting look he could muster. of course he wouldn't look at the bright side, and the dark reality was caving in on him.

"young midoriya.."

"sorry all might..sorry.." izuku's head starts to drop and his eyes start to droop. "but i.."