Familiar faces

"I want you Judd.." I put my hand in his, awaiting his response.

When I looked into his eyes I saw his indecisiveness, clearly because of my innocence and connection to Leah.

His face softened as he came to a decision.

"I want you too."

He grabbed my face in both of his hands, I could feel his breath on my face.

I leaned in as he grabbed my waist and pulled me closer to him.

We both wanted this more than anything..

Our lips touched and I could feel the fiery heat protruding from his-

"WAKEY WAKEY BIRTHDAY GIRL!"

Connie was jumping up and down on my bed as if it were a trampoline.

Dammit. I was dreaming.

Connie had a birthday hat on and had covered the entire room in balloons and streamers.

Well I'm wide awake now.

"Go away Connie-" I pulled the blanket over my head, clearly distraught.

"Well fuck you then!" Connie popped a balloon and continued to shake me awake.

I groaned loud enough to wake my parents, kicking the sheets and blankets off of me.

"Happy?" I stared her down.

"See if I ever do something nice for you again.." she crossed her hairy arms and sat down on the rocking chair next to my bed.

I picked at my nails, clearly feeling bad.

"Look I'm sorry.. but you interrupted a really good dream.."

She sniffled, "Was it a sex dream?" She had a hopeful glint in her eye.

"Almost..?"

"That makes me feel better, but now I'm upset with myself for interrupting it-" she broke down into an array of sobs.

"Connie why the hell are you so emotional today?!" I'd never seen her cry this much.

"Because baby you're 17 now and-" she wiped her nose, "and I've been you're hormone monster since you were 13! I'll be leaving you soon.."

"What?!"

Leaving me?

"Don't say that..you're making me cry-" I dabbed my shirt on the corners of each of my eyes. Connie's always been there for me and I never wanted that to change.

"Let's just focus on the fact that it's your birthday!!" She blew a party horn right in my face.

I sniffled and wobbled out of bed, walking over to my vanity.

I started doing my makeup, I was distracted because of the dream.

I don't actually like Judd do I?

Shit.

Mascara smeared across my eyelid.

I grabbed a makeup wipe from my vanity drawer and started to wipe it off.

"Y/n! Get down here there is someone here to see you!" My mom shouted from downstairs.

"Okay give me a minute!"