NEVER. 003

If there was one thing Jungwon was grateful for, it was that Eunho didn't mind him befriending Kim Sunoo who works at Sun café. Jungwon chuckles as he takes a sip of his coffee. Okay. Who was he kidding? He knows that Eunho only allowed that because Sunoo is Jungwon's second cousin. They've grown together most of the time, and Sunoo was there for Jungwon like an older brother. Despite both of their busy schedules, Jungwon would have breakfast at Sun Café early in the morning where customers weren't around much, while Sunoo would sometimes go to Yaichiro Racetrack, the same place Jungwon goes to practice his racing.

"You're here early," Sunoo places another cup of coffee on the table. He sits down in front of Jungwon. Jungwon looks up from his phone and nods.

"Yeah."

Sunoo's pink hair suits him a lot, that's what Jungwon thinks. Aside from the amazing menu the café offers, the handsome (and pretty) pink-haired guy working there also gave it a plus. Which is why customers never run out. "I heard Jay hyung won yesterday's race," Sunoo mutters carefully.

"Oh, don't even get me started. I hate his guts," Jungwon sighs and takes another bite of the cheesecake he bought. "He's literally the reason why my dad got so pissed off."

"Uncle Eunho sucks," Sunoo says. "Honestly, Wonie? It's not Jay who's at fault. It's your dad. He's too controlling," Sunoo frowns as he, too, takes a sip from his coffee. Jungwon purses his lips into a thin line and only looks at his plate. The latter was yet to say that Eunho is not only a controlling father but an abusive asshole who'll beat him up whenever he does something that isn't in Eunho's favor. "Besides.. You never told me anything. Why do you hate Jay?"

"It's not like I hate him... I mean, I hate him, but I don't hate him," Jungwon looks up and meets Sunoo's eyes. The older seems visibly confused. "Like.. Rivalry kind of hate."

"Hmm. Understandable. But, why, though? I mean, I remember you kind of liking him before. Y'know, your smile would always reach up your eyes when you talk about him. Now you look at him so coldly."

"I didn't like him!" Jungwon groans, sinking in his chair a bit. "I'll never like him. Besides, I was nineteen."

"You're hopeless," Sunoo says while smirking in amusement. "You would be talking about him and stuff and you look at him endearingly. I'm pretty sure you being nineteen that time makes it even more obvious that you know the difference between having a crush and liking a person."

Silence fills the place. As much as Jungwon hates the topic, he knows that Sunoo has a point. "Well.. I guess. I grew out of it, I don't like him that way anymore," Jungwon's face twisted in realization, "please don't tell my dad."

Sunoo shakes his head, "no boomers will know about this conversation."

Jungwon nods and leans back in relief. Sunoo is trustworthy. He's that type of cousin you can count on. "Honestly, it was kind of a shame. It looked like Jay reciprocated your feelings back then. If things didn't take a turn, you two would've been a power couple."

Pfft. Jay will never like him that way. What he said yesterday only meant that he misses Jungwon who once was his friend. But it also annoys Jungwon, he tries everything even for the past three years just so Jay could avoid him just like everyone else, but Jay seemed to never care. In fact, he would always try to talk to Jungwon as if nothing happened. He would still come up to Jungwon and he acted like the two of them never changed. Jungwon only leaves to make him shut up. If he thinks about it deeply, he wonders if Jay will stop after what happened last night. Heaving a sigh, Jungwon mutters.

"It wasn't serious."

"What is?"

"Me, liking him before," Jungwon mutters, his voice quiet. His eyes wandered around the place and he was trying not to look like he was afraid of getting heard. "It- it wasn't serious."