Chapter VII

~Zander POV~

I ended up crying myself to sleep, and waking up an hour later. I got out of bed, and went to Hailey's room. She was sleeping. I decided to scare her.
"Boo." I said.
"What do you want." She replied.
"I'm awake. I wanna do something."
"Like letting me sleep?"
"Damn, fine, okay. But for 1 more hour."
Why was she being so mean? I just wanted to do something with her.. Jeez.

~An hour later~

I'm gonna go wake Hailey up.
"Wake up." I said, knocking on her door.
"Okay, fine." She said, coming out of her room.
"Wanna play truth or dare?"
"Sure."
"Okay, you go first."
"Alright Zander. Truth or dare."
"Dare."
"I dare you to..." She started. Then she stopped to think.
"I dare you to jump off the staircase again, but try to get hurt."
I remembered last week, when I jumped off the stairs In a  backflip, and landed perfectly at the bottom.
"Alright, fine." I said, walking to the stairs, "You coming to watch?"
"Hell yeah." Hailey said.

I took a deep breath.. I didn't want to get hurt, but a dare is a dare..
"Stop stalling, just go!" Hailey said. I could hear the worry in her voice..
I ran to the top of the stairs, and with all my momentum, I jumped. There was no turning back now. I made myself land on the edge of the second to last step. And, as expected, I fell. I bashed my head really hard onto the wall at the end of the staircase.