The Team Finds Out

1 Week Later

Eddie was once again sitting in the loft at the station drinking his morning coffee. Buck was happily helping Bobby make breakfast and Eddie had to tear his eyes away because he knew he was staring. Since that night in Buck's apartment, things had been going very well. Buck and Eddie had fallen into a seamless routine and really the only difference is that they now had a romantic relationship.

Eddie smiled thinking about how happy him and Buck are as he turned his eyes back to the table and took a sip of his coffee. He saw Hen eyeing him over her own cup and she raised an eyebrow at Eddie's clearly lovesick look.

Eddie shrugged at her, the exchange reminding him of the conversation they had a week ago that led to him going to Buck's. They hadn't told anyone about the change in their relationship yet, but he would have to remember to thank Hen one day.

Hen spoke, pulling him out of his thoughts, "So your boy (she nodded her head toward Buck standing at the counter dicing tomatoes) seems to be doing a lot better lately."

Eddie ignored her calling Buck his boy, (and seriously he couldn't deny it at this point) and smiled at her saying, "Yea he is, we talked and I helped him through the worst of it. He also made a few extra appointments with Dr. Copeland."

At this information Hen smiled a very genuine smile and went back to reading her textbook and drinking her coffee. With her attention off of him, Eddie continued watching his boyfriend. Buck, sensing Eddie's attention, looked up and gave him a smirk and a wink that caused Eddie to blush a bit, but he didn't look away and the two were locked in, their ever-present heart-eyes clear from a mile away.

Suddenly, Hen spoke up again, "geez, get a room already you two"

This caused Ravi to snicker and Bobby to choke on the water he had been drinking at the very inopportune moment. Buck and Eddie both turned to Hen and then locked eyes for a few seconds clearing having a secret conversation.

Then Eddie spoke, "Actually Hen, it's a little late for that." He shrugged and took a sip of his coffee, but there was a smug look on his face. Buck was silently laughing and Ravi's mouth was hanging open.

Hen's brain short-circuited and she rapidly looked between the love sick idiots but before she could ask for clarification, Bobby spoke, "Are you telling us that you two uhh.." he gestured between them leaving his sentence unfinished.

Finally, Hen found her voice and she practically yelled out while pointing an accusatory finger at Eddie and then Buck, "You're together!!"

Buck had still not recovered from his laughing fit and was practically gasping for air so Eddie had to answer. "Yep! And thank you by the way. You're the one who told me to talk to him and it was the push I needed." Eddie explained.

At this Hen's expression turned soft and she gave Eddie a smile and nod acknowledging his thanks. Buck had finally recovered and moved over to stand behind Eddie leaning down and wrapping his arms around Eddie's chest and placing his chin on his shoulder. Eddie leaned into Buck's touch and Hen was smiling from ear to ear at their show of affection. She always knew these two were made for each other.

Bobby cleared his throat, ruining the moment, but he was smiling at them too. "I'm happy for both of you, also I'll need you to fill out some paperwork for HR." He said.

Buck gave a mock salute and said, "Aye aye Captain." Eddie just nodded and then Buck pecked him on the cheek before sitting down next to him for breakfast.

Ravi sat down, still a little confused about the whole exchange of events and was warily looking between Eddie and Buck as they shared their food and sat practically on top of each other. Hen pulled him out of his thoughts asking, "you good probie?"

"Ye... yea I'm good. Just surprised I guess." Ravi answered.

"About us?" Buck responded and Ravi nodded slightly. He didn't care that they were dating he just didn't know this was something that was expected. No one else seemed surprised.

Once again Hen broke the silence, "I guess you haven't seen them together for long and you've been Buck's partner since Chim left. Trust me, this (Hen used her fork to gesture to the boys) was a long time coming."

At Hen's words, Buck and Eddie looked at each other, their faces barely a foot apart before Eddie murmured love you and Buck returned the sentiment. If any of their team heard, they didn't say anything and kept eating. Ravi smiled at them and was glad to be a part of this family.