12 | the estimable king

Y/N SCRUTINIZED THE ENTIRE stadium, her (e/c) eyes glowing sinisterly beneath the shadow looming over her akin to a hungry lion stalking its prey— waiting for the right time to attack —with her hands resting on her pockets.

Walking absentmindedly in the labyrinth hallways, a loud explosion entered her earshot which caught her attention, and followed the sound out of curiosity.

"You've been friends since you were kids, right?" a monotonous voice spoke, "Was he always like that? Midoriya."

Y/n was surprised to see two of the powerhouses of class 1-A in one room and discreetly entered the room. Her eyes landed on the ash blonde's fists curling into a tight ball, "That damned nerd..." he growled, kicking the table in front of the double-quirked male. "Who the hell cares?!"

"All his stupid speeches! And you! Your family? Your damned feelings? Who cares?! Come at me with your left side. Go on!"

"You're so pathetic." Y/n piped in. Both males turned around to see her leaning against the door frame with an unamused expression. Letting out a sigh; she breathed out, "So desperate, so pathetic." a wicked grin over her beatific smile, "Seriously, humorous."

"Pathetic?" Bakugo repeated unsolicited trembling of his voice was heard. He felt unmatched heat boiling his blood, his ruby-piercing eyes dancing shakily as he looked at the (h/c) haired girl with eyes filled with rage he haven't felt before.

"Yeah, you're so desperate to beat everybody." she taunted, "And for what? To make you feel better about yourself knowing you're surrounded by people who could potentially be better than you?"

"L/n," said Todoroki, in a warning tone upon seeing the ash blonde visibly shaking in pure fury as the young genius unmercifully spewed venom that fuelled his anger with a menacing smirk.

"That's enough." Todoroki may not socialize with others much but he was also mature and has the morals to know that pushing each other's buttons was out of the line.

"Pathetic?! You're calling me pathetic out of all people?!" the ash blonde snapped, "You're nothing but a quirkless runt who knows how to build shit!"

His eyes darkened, "Do you know what's pathetic?! You acting all high and mighty! You're the one who's pathetic in this entire fucking room! A quirkless bitch with confidence built by your own narcissistic compliments that inflated your bigass head!" his chest heaved up and down as he catches his breath.

Y/n cackled, unfazed by his insults. Her eyes met his, pure burning hatred reflected in them. "Of course, I'd be confident in myself!" she added, in a taunting tone. "That's what having skills and talents do to yourself." she placed her hand on her chest, "I personally understand if you don't get it, maybe one day— when you're older — you'll understand."

Before Bakugo could retort, Todoroki let out a loud heavy sigh. "This is a waste of time." he expressed. To him, their argument seemed like they were arguing with themselves in front of the mirror; utterly fruitless. "Come on L/n, our match is starting soon." he reminded as he stood up and went towards the door, knowing fully well that the foul conversation would continue if not interrupted.

"But—" her mouth snapped shut, seeing the two-toned-haired boy's eyebrows knitted and his icy gaze glaring deeply into her soul. "Fine, I'm wasting my time here anyway."

Bakugo's red eyes fastened upon her figure as she followed the austere boy out of the room. He took deep breaths in an attempt to calm his nerves. The smell of burning flame emitted from his palms filled his lungs.

Bakugo wouldn't admit it out loud, but right then and there, he felt like he had found his perfect match.

Someone who was beyond intelligent, skillful, competent, well-known, and above all confident. It was then he knew that his thirst to prove himself above others would succeed by crushing her to bits— only then he would show the world that the young impressive genius that they all so love was nothing but a mere ant to him— only then Bakugo would be satisfied.