Chapter 7 - New People

Alright here's the whole chapter! Sorry I kinda forgot about uploading it; had too much on my mind :P

Also I'm dedicating this chapter to azaleaXO because I think you're awesome! XD

----------------

=Gian=

It’s him! It’s the guy I saw from the cafe window! Why does this day feel very tiring all of a sudden? I looked at him and he stared back at me. From the peripheral vision, I could see Aiden looking lost but I guess that was expected because I’m pretty lost too.

“You’re the one I saw at the window earlier,” he said. He walked up to me, holding his bandaged hand, and looked at me from my head to my toes. I felt a bit exposed as he did that. “Hmm...I thought you were a girl when I first saw you, but now that I see you from up close I can see you don’t have much of a chest.” 

I felt my ears flare red. I felt very insulted, and I didn’t know how to react. Should I put up an act and say thanks for realizing that I’m a ‘guy’, or should I get mad for me being thought a bit feminine when in reality I am a girl! “Umm...ok.” I decided to say. “Get your facts straight.” I mentally banged my head to a wall for saying something so stupid.

“So you guys just saw each other today for the first time?” Aiden asked.

“Yup. I’m Collin, by the way, and that’s Catherine. She’s my twin sister.” Collin said.

“Cathy, call me Cathy. Catherine sounds too formal.....and gross,” she said as she made a disgusted face. For some reason, I just didn’t like her. 

“Oh yeah, Cathy, why are you here in here in America?” Aiden asked. “Aren’t you supposed to be studying in Europe?”

“I was gonna surprise you! I was one of the winners of my dance competition and the prize was to study here in America for 2 months!” Cathy announced with a big fat grin on her face. “The best thing is the academy I’m in is near your school!”

I saw Aiden’s face become emotionless. I wondered what made him look that way. I turned toward Collin and he his expression was apologetic and remorseful. Cathy was the only one in the room beaming a smile. I wanted to ask what was wrong but I was an outsider. Someone who they just met.  

Silence then took over the room. I glance at Aiden, hoping he had something to say. Then we heard foot stops walking towards us.

“Gian! Are you up for some-” Devon barged in and looked around the room, but the one he was looking at most was Cathy.  His eyebrows furrowed tuning his expression to anger. “Cathy,” he said with displeasure, “What are you doing here?”

She smiled. To someone, who would have just walked in right now, they wouldn’t have thought anything about the atmosphere in the room, but to all of us in the room it felt very grim and uneasy. “Well, Collin I have to go back to my dorm and unpack.” She then looked to Aiden. “I’ll see you tomorrow.” 

We all watched her strut to the door. As an outsider, something felt wrong. What happened before I got here? What’s the relationship between Cathy, Aiden, and Devon? All these questions boggled my mind. 

 “So Devon, what were you gonna say to me,” I ask, trying not to be awkward. 

“Oh sorry,” he closed his eyes for a second or two, “I was going to ask you if you were up for some Asian food tonight because Tony wanted to have Korean barbecue for dinner and he knows a buffet. The thing is it’s a 45 minute drive.” 

“Sure, why not,” I smiled.

“Cool.” Devon looked at Aiden. “Nice to see you up and sober.”