Secrets on Feathered Wings

She watched her back more the deeper the snow got. The more Mipha thought about Urbosa's words, the more she realized their haunting truth. 

When did Zora royalty, with their aquatic bodies unsuited for even electricity, travel to the frigid highlands of Tabantha? With her Champion's garb flapping around her insulating armor, would the Rito instantly know something was wrong in Hyrule? 

Thankfully, the Rito people didn't seem to be paying much attention to her. They seemed to be more interested in flying than her walking through their town. Before they changed their minds, she headed to a roost near the top of the town. "Khosha?" She stepped fully into the house before asking, the blue and brown Rito turned towards her.

Her eyes widened. "...Mipha?" 

Instantly Mipha shushed her, Khosha took a step back. "Yes, it's me... but I can't have people know that right now... Where's your husband? I need to speak with him." 

"Oh!" Khosha blinked in lingering surprise. "He's at the Flight Range." 

"Thank you... I must be off now, I need to appear invisible..." 

"Something has happened, hasn't it? I will assist you." 

"Thank you, Khosha... and yes, something terrible has happened." 

Khosha held out a wing for Mipha to climb onto her back, rushing out towards the closest updraft and lifting into the sky.  Once they had entered the secludity of the Hebra Mountains, heading for the back entrance of the famous Flight Range, Khosha decided it was alright to question further. 

 "What happened?"

"I will tell you along with Revali, if that does not offend you." 

"Of course not. I am honored that I am not denied." 

Mipha nodded as Khosha turned for a slight dive into the Range. 

"Revali!" She positioned her wings for landing, her Champion husband ceased firing his arrows to look at her. 

"Khosha! And... Mipha? What in Hyrule's the matter now?" 

Khosha landed without much fanfare, letting Mipha roll off her back. 

"Something terrible has happened..." The Zora blinked away painful tears in the frigid environment. "...Rhoam has beaten Zelda." 

Both Ritos' eyes widened. 

"Was that knight not there to protect her?!" Revali flapped his wings in outrage, believing that it would not have happened if he or Link was there. 

"Link was!" The tone of Mipha's voice suggested that she was defending Link more than presenting facts. "That's how she got away actually: Link picked her up, reprimanded the King and ran off. He didn't know it was going to happen..." 

Revali stopped flapping. "So, he eloped with her?" 

Mipha cringed, more as if the idea hurt her than of it being awkward. "Not in the traditional sense but, yes. Urbosa said that he felt it was the only way to get her to safety... you see... it left her unconscious." 

Khosha gasped. "He hit her that hard?" 

Mipha nodded. "Not only did he leave marks on her, the strike caused her to fall off a bridge at the castle." 

Both Rito reacted in horror, as if the divine Royal Family of Hyrule was exempt from such atrocities. 

"Her wounds are great, my magic could not heal all of them in one go." 

"Where is she?" Revali asked in anger at the King, flapping his wings once again. "Or is that undisclosed?" 

Mipha looked around. "She is in Gerudo Town." She bent her head down as she whispered. "Urbosa has issued a proclamation that no non-Gerudo shall pass further than Kara Kara to keep her hidden. Disguised it as an increase in Yiga-related attacks. The only ones allowed further are us, the Champions... and Khosha if she wishes."