9

Dean POV

I was still looking at my mate, but I couldn't move. It was like I was paralyzed from the shock. Here I was thinking that my mate was a human, everyone thought he was not only me, but now I know he wasn't. And to be honest, I was scared.

"Elizabeth" My voice was small but I managed to call out for her. I need her right now. She would be able to help me figure this out. But I realized that my voice was too small, she wouldn't be able to hear me so I screamed her name as loud as I could. "ELIZABETH!"

When Elizabeth wasn't storming in right away I knew she wasn't outside the door. She had probably gone to the cafe to buy some coffee or something to eat so she would give us some time alone and then she would come back.

My mate started to move his hands to his neck again, and he started to panic again. My paralyzed state was gone. I moved without even thinking, I studied him to see what was the problem. And when I was close enough, his left hand let go of his neck so he could touch my hand. When his hand touched mine I got this feeling of panic, not knowing what to do, and also it was like his touch told me 'can't breathe'.

"Can't breathe," And with that information, I reach for the alarm button. I don't know how to help him breathe, but I know the doctor or the nurse would know what to do. And after just a few seconds two nurses were inside and I told them what the problem was.

So a female nurse came over to me and pushed me aside so they both could help my mate breathe. I could see the male nurse fixing it with a breathing mask that would help him, but the panic in my mates face told me that it didn't work. Then my thoughts brought me back to the feeling after my mate touched me, the feeling of not knowing what to do "Maybe he does not know how to breathe?"

I know the thought was weird, of course, he knows. But some part of me told me that maybe he doesn't know. During the time he was in the infirmary, he would always have breathing help, now he doesn't. So I walked to the bed but stayed where his feet were so I wouldn't be in the way for the nurses but also close enough so my mate would be able to see me.

When I saw he was watching me I showed him how to breathe. I used my hands and my body to demonstrate air and how to breathe, how your body would react if you breathe. He looked at me and started to realize that I was trying to help him breathe, he followed my lead, and soon he could breathe but he still needed breathing help from the mask.

I felt so relieved when he could breathe and also that I was able to understand what the problem was. Then I started to think about it again, how could I have known that he couldn't breathe? Was I just lucky or did his touch actually 'talked' to me? I was so confused. I need to talk to Elizabeth now.

But the more I thought about it, I did in fact trusted Elizabeth but it would be a possibility that she would be talking to her mate Emanuel about this, and then maybe he would talk to someone else, and then it goes on and on. What if Landon or someone else that would love to do experiments with my mate would hear that my mates eyes turn color and glow and he might be able to talk with the help of touch. That could end up bad.

I vow to protect him, making him happy. I would do everything in my power to make it come true so if that means that I will need to shut up, and have to figure this out on my own, I will do it.

 I would do everything in my power to make it come true so if that means that I will need to shut up, and have to figure this out on my own, I will do it