020

Two big yellow doors opened and everyone stepped inside the game hall, revealing two tall yellow platforms. Each team stood behind their designated numbered sign, ours being 4, and inspected the room. 

Instead of looking around the room like the latter, I watched a certain person as they continued talking with a smile to the girl we'd recruited. 

I feel a slight tap on my shoulder and I turn around, finding the crazy lady with 212 printed on her clothes. "You're jealous about their relationship, aren't you?"  

I roll my eyes and stare behind her, not answering her. 

Was I jealous? She wouldn't leave, would she? 

I watch them carefully, even more carefully as the girl places an arm around Sae's shoulder. 

I didn't know her that well. We met during this stupid game. Why do I care so much? She probably only said what she did to get me to trust her. She probably never meant anything. 

I sigh angrily, crossing my arms and glaring at the girl who had her digits on my belongings. I turn around at the sound of a masked man speaking. 

"Welcome to the third game. This game is Tug-of-War. You will pull on a rope on that tower. Make your opponents fall and you win." the masked man spoke causing everyone to look around at each other. 

I turn around once again, finding the girl staring at the back of Sae's head before looking away again. 

"Now I will hold a draw to decide which team goes first." the masked man spoke again "Everyone, please sit down." 

Everyone sat down around me, but I stayed standing up, staring at the masked man with a grim smile. 

"Sun-Hi, sit down." I hear Sae whisper-yell from behind me. I turn around and look at her, before facing the masked man again. I bit the inside of my cheek, my face twitching slightly as I felt myself angering. 

"Fine," I growl as I sit down, leaning against the crazy lady. The crazy lady loosely wraps her arms around my shoulders, placing her chin on top of my head. Her touch had a very motherly feel to it, only causing me to enjoy it more. It reminded me of my mother's hugs before she passed, the hugs she used to give every night or anytime I was feeling down. The hugs that were given when she was proud of me or when she missed me. Her hugs were the things I missed the most from her, most likely because they made me feel safe. 

"You're still young, you will have so many opportunities to find love. Don't let yourself break due to one person, you need to remember that you are more important." the crazy lady said, causing me to smile. 

"Thank you, Miss?" I ask, tilting my head up so I could see her face. 

"Mi-nyeo. Han Mi-nyeo." She smiled, causing me to feel safe again. Something about her, even though she seemed like a crazy lady, was kind and just misunderstood. 

"I will draw for the team on the left tower." The masked man spoke again, signalling the plan on his right to place his hand in the black box in front of him. The circle guard on the left pulled out a black ball with the number 1 on it. 

"Team one, please stand up." the square man said. Team 1, which was Deok-su's team, stood up. I felt Mi-nyeo's grip tighten slightly as Deok-su stood up. 

"You're too good for him." I look up at Mi-nyeo again, and she nods with a slight smile. 

"Next, I will draw for the team on the right tower." the square guard spoke again, signalling the other circle guard to plunge his hand into the yellow box in front of him.