SAVANNA BANANA GETS LOST AT THE ZOO

*Author's note: This book was inspired by and is lovingly dedicated to my niece Savanna. Savanna Grace this one is for you!

"Savanna, Oh Savanna Banana!
Oh, where did that girl go now?
She was right here a second ago,"
her mommy said with a frown.

Her mommy had just reminded her
that she needed to stay in her sight.
But, she didn't listen and just took off. Something must have caught her eye.

Her mommy looked by the monkeys. Nope, she wasn't over there. She called and called and looked and looked. But, no sign of Savanna anywhere.

Her mommy looked by the elephants, the monkeys and even giraffes. There was no sign of her at any of those places. Her mommy then called Savanna's dad.

"Savanna's lost," she told her dad.
"Come as soon as you can. I've looked everywhere and I can't find her. I'm worried and I am sad."

"I'm on my way," her daddy said.
"Don't worry, I'll be there soon.
With two of us searching, we're sure to find her, even in that great big zoo."

Her daddy called her grandparents and they were worried too. They said they'd call everyone they knew, so they could come search for Savanna too.

Suddenly, there were lots of people searching and wandering the zoo. Family, friends and even the workers were trying to find Savanna too.

Then, Savanna's grandma had an idea and shared it with the rest of the group. "If she thinks we're playing hide and seek, maybe she'll come out to join our troop."

So, her daddy started to count loudly so everyone else could hear. The others ran off to find places to hide and when he found them all, they yelled and cheered.

"Ok," her daddy said, "It's Savanna's turn to seek. Let's all go hide where she can't find us. Oh, I hope she doesn't peek!"

"Savanna won't find us over here by the monkeys," her mommy yelled out really loud. "She won't find us over here by the zebras," her grandparents then, shouted out.

"Ha, ha, I found you mommy!" Savanna yelled, as she jumped out from behind a big tree. "I was hiding where you couldn't find me, because I'm the best hider in hide and seek!"

"Now Savanna," her daddy said firmly, as his scowl turned into a grin. "You're a great hider, yes, but you shouldn't do that. You worried your family again.

"When you're playing a game, it's ok to hide, but when you're not, it's just being bad. You scared us when we couldn't find you again and it also made us feel sad."

"Now, the next time mommy asks you to stay with her, you listen, because she is the boss." "But daddy," Savanna Banana replied, "mommy's the one that wandered off first. It's not my fault that she got herself lost!"

Her daddy chuckled, swept her up in his arms and then Savanna poured on her charm. She made everyone laugh and made silly noises, while pretending to be a giraffe.

She stretched her neck really high, pretended to munch leaves that had fallen from a nearby tree. When she saw their reactions, she loved the attention she was getting and then turned into a monkey.

She then pounced to the ground and ran all around, pretending to be a lion. When everyone gasped, she lunged at them and growled. She had them laughing until they were crying.

She then beat on her chest and jumped up and down, imitating a giant gorilla. She made loud monkey sounds as she pounded and pounded. Oh that Savanna Banana!

"Look at me! Guess what I am now," she yelled out to her big crowd. Then she raised one of her arms high, pretending it was her trunk and then gave them her best Elephant sound.

Savanna was having the time of her life, entertaining her family and friends. The smile on their faces made her feel happy inside and she really loved playing pretend.

When it was time to go, Savanna was sad. She wasn't ready to say her goodbyes. She had had the best time, being silly and goofy and wanted to stay at the zoo all night.

"Tell everyone thank you Savanna Banana," her daddy asked with a grin. "Thank you Savanna Banana," was her silly reply, and it made everyone burst out laughing again.

After Savanna finally told everyone goodbye and they sadly left the zoo, she told her parents, "I promise I won't run off from mommy again, unless she asks me to."

Her parents both chuckled with her silly response as they helped her into the car. Her daddy leaned down and as he strapped her in tightly, whispered, "Oh my Savanna Banana, when you grow up, even then, please don't run off too far."

All Rights Reserved
©️ Bobbie J Lowrey 2021

*If you are reading this book anywhere but Wattpad, it has been stolen and published without my consent and my copy rights have been violated and infringed upon. Please let me know immediately so I can take legal action against them.