Writer/Author Games

You may have seen the reading list we have full of completed and new Writer Games or Author Games, but what are they?

These games are hosted by either one person or a group of people. Like SYOT fanfictions, you create your own tributes to be submitted. However, you write for these tributes and your entries are judged. People are then voted out until the semi finals, where byes are usually awarded and then in the finals, the public vote for their winner.

People submit names to kill, and each kill results in a point being taken from their score. Entries are scored between one and twelve, with seven or eight being an average score in more recent games. The total scores usually decide who goes up for votes, with the lowest scoring people facing elimination and the higher scoring people remaining safe.

Here's a run through of a traditional Writer Games IN PANEM (they can be hosted outside of Panem).

TASK ONE: usually a filler task. In this time, people are chosen to be sponsored by the gamemakers. Sponsored tributes will receive perks throughout the games, such as automatic entries, kills taken off of their final score and extra deaths.

TASK TWO: usually the bloodbath. About a quarter of participants die in this task, with almost half of them being put up for votes. 

TASK THREE TO SIX: these consist of psychological tasks, mutt tasks and other strange arena tasks. People are killed each task, and task six is sometimes the Quarter Final task.

SEMI FINAL TASK: In this, there is a tradition that songs are used to influence the task. The best entry or two receive byes (an automatic pass to the final) and the other few go up for votes.

FINAL: this can be anything: escaping, killing everyone, surviving disasters, it's always creative. Sometimes, it can even be the aftermath of the games, like life back home after winning. The votes are private, through PM, and a victor is crowned.

Sounds complicated? It's quite a lot to get your head around the first time! Check out the list of games we have if you want to see a whole games (I personally reccommend the just finished Doubt Your Senses by RappytheDinosaur -I'll dedicate this chapter to her) for a traditional yet fun games!

An exapmle of the form would be the same as that for a SYOT fanfiction.

Name:

Pronunciation (if needed):

Age:

Gender:

District:

Appearance:

Personality:

Background:

Family:

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

Token:

Other:

Sometimes, people include Reaped/Volunteer and Reaction/Reason if the reaping plays a major part in the games, but it's not always included in the games.