🔘Chapter 7

Y/n's POV

I knocked on the door to the house and an elderly woman greeted us. "I've been waiting for you two, you must be Y/n and Giyuu" she smiled as she lead us into her house. "Mr. Tomioka, I want you to freshen up and then eat something" She walked him to the bathroom. I sat down in the dining room and poured myself some green tea. "Don't think I forgot about you" The old lady came back to me. I wasn't expecting her to come back so quickly and I jumped. "I think I'll just shower and eat after, I don't think I need help with anything else miss" I rejected her assistance. The old lady kneeled down and gently touched my back, causing me to cringe in pain. "That's what I thought, now come on now, it'll get infected if I don't treat it" She explained to me. We walked to a room for privacy and she treated my wound. My forehead had stopped bleeding and the cut was closing so we didn't have to worry about it. I pulled my hair to the side and took off my shirt and faced a wall the old woman did her work. "Giyuu didn't know about this, did he?" she asked. "No" I replied. "Y/n, you're scared about worrying him aren't you?" she asked. "How do you know my name?" I asked. "I have my own crow too. 'Hisa, Hisa there's some injured Demon Slayers coming your way'" She mocked her crow. I smiled a bit at her joke. "Am I right?" Hisa asked. "...yeah, everyone is so worried about me. We just met but I'm always on missions with him so we have to be there for each other" I explained to the woman. I don't know why, but I felt really safe talking to her. I heard the door open and I quickly turned around, it was Giyuu. His face soon turned into a frown when he realized that I was hurt. I didn't want to worry him and yet, I ended up doing just that, so I left the room and took a shower. I was as silent as ever.

Giyuu's POV

"...did I do something?" I asked the old lady. "I don't think so, she's just a little embarrassed" She explained to me. I went to the dining room and ate some food. The old lady watched over me. "Giyuu, you have something on your mind, don't you?" The old lady asked me. "I have a lot on my mind, I just don't speak my mind" I said. "You torture yourself like that" She said. I looked at her confused. "You care deeply about Y/n don't you?" She asked another question. I stayed silent. I didn't know how to answer that. "You love her, you're just scared to admit it" She said. This old lady that I just met somehow was able to read my mind. "What are we talking about?" Y/n entered the dining room. "Nothing" I simply said. "Okay then" Y/n spoke. "It's getting pretty late, you two should probably get some rest now." The old lady said as she showed us where our bedroom was. "I'm sorry but I only have this one room" She apologized. "It's fine"Y/n smiled at her. We both made our way to our futons. Y/n turned away from me and quickly fell asleep. After a while I tried to fall asleep but something was still on my mind. I heard something move and then I felt Y/n wrap her arms around me. "I'm sorry I kept this from you, I didn't wanna worry you" She whispered. My face heated up and I knew that my face was red but after a while, I finally fell asleep.

Y/n's POV

I woke up in the middle of the night with my arms wrapped around Giyuu. Shit, I was probably talking in my sleep and I most likely said something I wasn't supposed to say. You see, when I talk in my sleep, I speak only the truth but sometimes the truth can hurt or embarrass me. I don't even know what I said this time. I turned over to look at a clock. It was 4 in the morning, I was planning to get up at 6 and just train and pretend like this never happened. And that's exactly what I did. As soon as the clock hit 6 o clock I carefully got out of bed, making sure I didn't wake up Giyuu. I did my hair and put on my uniform. I found some paper and red paint. I drew red x's on them and hung them up outside and shot arrows at them as the sun rose up.

Giyuu's POV

The next morning I was awakened by the sun beaming on my face. Y/n was no longer holding onto me. I sat up and saw Y/n in the backyard training. I got out of bed and tried talking to her. "Morning" I said to her. "Hey" She replied as she shot another arrow. Her aim was perfect, as she hit the paper right in the center. "Listen Giyuu, whatever I said...or did last night, I want you to know that I didn't really mean it" Y/n said. I felt a pain in my chest. "I talk in my sleep" She awkwardly smiled at me. "It's fine you were just mumbling about...flowers or something like that, it wasn't important" I lied to her. "Oh thank god" Y/n looked relived. I went back inside and made myself a cup of tea. I've never felt like I was in love until I met Y/n but now all those feelings were crushed. These butterfly girls are bittersweet. They'll heal and take care of you, but they'll crush you. I rested my head on the table. "What happened to you, my child?" Hisa asked me. "Nothing, I'm just tired" I replied. "I heard that one 100 times" Hisa said. I raised my head to look at her. "Well, I won't force you to talk to me, but you find me when you're ready" Hisa got up, leaving me alone with my own thoughts. I felt myself giving up on well...everything.