1

(Art by IKIMARU)
(Also) Just want to inform you that the kids in this part are around 10 years old! :)

"But I wanna be the knight!"

"Too bad your the princess!"

"But I was the princess last time..! I wanna be the knight!" Adora whined trying to reach for the toy sword that her friend, Catra was holding onto.

"It wouldn't make sense if your the knight because your short." Catra says, holding the sword higher.

"There can be short knights too!" Adora huffs giving up on reaching the sword.

Catra smirks, "You'll always be a princess to me."

Adora stared at her friend with a slight blush, "..Really?"

Catra grabbed her arm. "Yes." She said softy, "Now! I will rescue you from the evil Weaver!!" She continued while running with Adora, Swipping the sword at a plushie, it was a stuffed muffin that had a face. "Take that! Evil Weaver!"

"Oh my knight!" Adora laughs watching Catra brutally beat up the plushie, her fingers still intertwined with hers. She felt somewhat warm whenever she was close to Catra, it felt like there were butterfree's inside.

The room door suddenly opened, making Catra and Adora to stop their playtime. It was the other kids, Lonnie, Kyle and Rogelio.

They all shared a room, each one of them sharing a bunk bed, Kyle and Rogelio shared one, Catra and Adora shared one but Catra would mostly sneak and sleep next to Adora if one of them had a nightmare. Lonnie had her own bunk, but she didn't mind.

Adora was close to them, like friends, while Catra would just prefer to stay in a different crowd.

"What are you guys playing?" Lonnie asked.

"None of your business." Catra snaps, earning a glare from Lonnie. "I was just asking." She says. Adora squeezes Catra fingers softly, Catra glanced at Adora, confused.

Adora gave her a reassuring smile. "We were just playing a game." Adora answered.

"Whatever your playing— gasp - MR SNUGGLE MUFFIN!!" Lonnie ran towards the Plsuhie, "WHO DID THIS TO YOUU!!" she cried.

Adora and Catra stared at each other.
"It was kyle."

—————

"Do you ever think we will have our own pokemon..?" Catra whispered, it was night possibly passed midnight. They were playing a game of 'Do you ever think'

"Always." Adora whispered back staring into the blank.

"Do you ever think we will have more best  friends?" Adora asked.

no, I just want it to be just you and me...

"Yeah.."

She heard Catra inhaling deeply, "Do you think.. there's someone out there who loves you?" Catra says, blushing in the dark.

"Um yeah? There's shadow Weaver.. our friends... and of course you!"

Catra mentally slapped herself inside her head.
"Y-yeah what I meant.."

Adora tugged on her blanket.
"Do you think... we will get adopted?"

She felt her friend shift. It was quiet for a minute.

"Sometimes." She finally answered. "But.. I don't want to leave you.."

"We will never leave each other.." Adora promises.