2

(Art by GeminisDaughter)

"Melog, watch out!" Catra called. Melog lost its balance and fell straight towards the ground, before what could happen beam of smokes shot around it. Once the smoke started to fade, what there was left was Melog. It's eyes were swirling around. "Damn it!" Catra cursed to herself walking up to her fainted pokemon.

It had been almost 4 months since their eggs had hatched. They've been battling with each other to see who's better, even with the other kids.

"We beat you guys again!" Adora cheered swirling around holding her eevee.

Catra carefully picked up Melog in a bridal style. "It's okay, you did great." She whisper to them. Adora walked up to her after returning eevee into her pokeball. Catra turned to her.

"One day, Melog and I are gonna be unstoppable." Catra says proudly. Adora gave her a smug look. "Yeah, sure. But maybe I will be the one who makes you stoppable." She pressed.

But Catra laughed. "Good one, Adora."

"We literally just beat you."

"Future Catra will beat you back." Catra says grinning. Adora returned a grin. "Yeah we'll see about that."

Adora grabbed her friend arm, "come on, let's head back inside." She suggested. Catra nodded in agreement after putting Melog back into the pokeball to let them rest.

"Hi guys!" Adora greeted her friends as they entered the house. Lonnie, Kyle and Rogelio were sitting around, and playing with their Pokémon.

"Let me guess, Adora won?" Lonnie guessed.

Catra frowned at her, "It isn't a big deal.." she grunted.

"Wow I can't believe I guess it right! That's my 8th strike!" Lonnie gave them a smug look.

Catra rolled her eyes, "Doesn't mean anything."
Adora placed a hand on her shoulder. "It's alright Catra, one day you will beat me. My knight." She added the last part in a whisper. Catra slightly blushed and felt something in her stomach. "Uh huh yeahh.." she sheepishly says rubbing her the back of her neck awkwardly.

"Adora."

Catra and Adora turned looked over their head to see shadow Weaver standing near the door frame. She had on a sweet smile which Catra knew was fake. Weaver eyes landed on Catra, she gave her a frown before looking back at Adora with the same sweet smile.

"Come here for a second." She says gesturing a hand. Adora looked confused, than looked at Catra, "I'll be back." She says giving Catra a warm smile. She broke their intertwined fingers and walked up towards Weaver.

"I just watched your battle with Catra." She says. "I will say I am in fact, impressed."

Adora felt a warm tug in her heart. Shadow Weaver was impressed by her.

Weaver placed a hand on the young blonde shoulder, "I know one day you will succeed."

Adora smiled at her, "Thank you, Weaver."

"Now run along now."

——

Catra and Adora were sitting near a large oak tree on a hill, where they always hang out at. It wasn't far from the orphanage but it gave a good view of the field.