| CHAPTER I |

Soft linen cloth and new ribbons, she smiled running her hands through her new clothes and looking up Marie who smiled down at her.

"Thank you so much, Marie. I cannot be any happier."

Marie laughed shaking her head and keeping up with her work of arranging the flowers for her room in a pot.

"You can do as you please with it Fleur, I thought you might need a new dress and I love your hair and ribbons would look so pretty, but of course you can use the rest for your dress as well, after all, you never ask for anything."

Fleur smiled down at the cloth and the ribbons unable to stop herself from hugging them. She was fond of ribbons. The pink ones especially, John, Marie's husband once bought her a ribbon and she wore it every day, tying her waist-long black hair put and leaving a bow.

And that Fleur ran to Marie and John, hugging them both together watching them smile. She grabbed her gifts running up the stairs of their small cottage and into her personal room. She set down the cloth meant to be for her new dress and unleashed the lace from its strings watching the ribbon fall down on the ground.

When she brought her hand up to her head, the ribbon lifted and its end hovered right near her ankles. It was the perfect gift she wished for.

She looked into her mirror, her desk filled with flowers and papers as she began to undo her hair and keep her previous ribbon on her desk. She then proceeded to tie her hair in a simple pony with her new rose pink ribbon.

Happy with the bow she tied at last she spins around in delight watching her hair fly in the air.

"Fleur, it is time for supper dear"

She turned to the voice of Marie, come from down the stairs, and gasp remembering she helped Marie.

"I am so sorry I did not help," Fleur said grabbing the plates from Marie's hand and taking them to their dinner table.

"It is quite alright. You were busy with garden today"

Fleur smiled at the sight of warm tomato soup and her fresh bread. Serving John and Marie before taking some for herself.

"I made tomato soup today. Just the way you like it, eat up"

Fleur nodded giving her aunt a sweet smile before digging in and in no time she was done. Very much delighted with the meal she had as she slumped across her chair and watch her aunt and uncle argue about the flowers in their backyard.

"Daffodils are far better" Marie state patting her lips with her table cloth as John shook in denial.

"Daffodils? absolutely not! Petunias are beautiful"

Marie gasped at her husband's suggestion, "Petunias? They will do before the first snow hits our soil. They cannot survive the cold"

"And you think daffodils will?"

With that, the argument stopped and both of them realized their hopeless statements made no sense. Rolling her eyes art John, Marie turned to Fleur for advice.

"What do you think Fleur?"

Fleur stopped washing the dishes and turned to them, one thing she knew perfectly about the couple was the other would get jealous if she chose one's side. Therefore, she always had to go with a different answer so as to avoid them both glaring at each other through the next day.

"How about I plant something you have never seen in the backyard? A surprise ? Till they bloom"

And as she predicts, Marie and Joh were delighted with her answer. There was never from Fleur an answer which disappointed the couple, they loved her and cherished her dearly.