Fiery Feathers

Phoenix. It is an immortal bird. A cyclically regenerated life; an embodiment of a reborn. Being incorporated with the sun, a phoenix begets a new life by arising from the ashes of its predecessors to a blazing symbol of immortality.

And I'm a phoenix. A phoenix work in progress, a phoenix still missing her wings. I'm still trying to get a hold of my fiery feather.

My crimson heart is always on fire. My mind burning with passion. My kind soul is in the flames for affection, but my wings...my wings are still waiting to stretch to the ends of the world.

Under the burning embers of what was, help me emerge to become the phoenix that I was meant to become. Whisper to my soul the lessons that I need to learn until my hair becomes golden. Guide me as I soar the vast sky. Hide me under the shadows of your fully developed wings until I can glide the wind on my own...until my wings are strong enough to take a flight on its own.

And by then, we will rise to the sky in the ball of flames like the phoenix that we are. And with no surprise, the whole world will be in awe of the majestic beauty that we possess.

Because the fragments of our soul, the ashes of our predecessors know exactly what is about to come, how it will happen, and how we would end before everything even started. And if you ask me what is that exactly, it is us emerging from the ground to conquer the midnight sky in the shape of a phoenix.

And with a smoldering fire under our wings, we will sail the heavens--just like how a fiery phoenix subjugates the sky.

And from dusk until dawn, while the auburn moon kisses the silky sheets of the ocean, we'll fly; with our hearts on our sleeves and with the fire, not just in our wings but within our souls.