008'

8 | eight

taeyong woke up in an oddly familiar room. his surroundings were unfamiliar but gave a strange sense of comfort. his eyes darted around the room. the boy strangely found that he knew his way around the room. his eyes traveled every corner and crease as they finally laid themselves on a shadow that sat in the corner, a shadow that sent a somewhat nostalgic shiver down taeyong's spine. his body felt magnetic, as if he was being drawn towards the shadow. he walked to it, his bare feet padding against the rough dirty floor. holding out his hand to the shadow, he spoke as if even a single word could break it,

"open your eyes."

and there it was. the rush of déjà vu, as the two boys who were called together by a familiar song were reunited. the time stood as still as it had in the summer of 1964, when taeyong helplessly watched his best friend on his deathbed. the shadow looked up and smiled slightly as taeyong's eyes welled up with tears. he had so many regrets. too many regrets. he hurt himself everyday thinking about how he should have taken the chance to tell the younger how much he loved him. doyoung left too early. he thought of all the promises they made and all the experiences they missed. he hated how vulnerable he was and how much he used to care about what other people thought. he wished he could tell doyoung he was sorry, and that he loves him.

taeyong never had hope but, but here doyoung was. the same boy he'd fall in love with 10,000 times more was standing in front of him. but he was just a dream. everything was just a dream. taeyong was so tried. he lowered his eyes away from doyoung as the tears started falling.

doyoung grabbed taeyong's hand and slipped it into his own as he locked eyes with the boy. doyoung watched as taeyong's mouth curled up into a genuine smile. he was.. happy.

"open your eyes." taeyong was tired, but so was doyoung. they were each others medicine, they were each others home. the amount of pain they both felt without each other, each of their hearts filled with late self-guilt. taeyong felt warm as the two boys reminisced their memories in each other's embrace.

a door started forming, a sign clearly visible on the once stone cold wall. "the 7th sense, you are no longer alone." they will be together forever. happy forever. this is what they wanted, what they needed.

hand in hand and side by side, the melodic tune from the song that bonded them filled their ears. they stepped through the door, and the once lost warmth filled their hearts once again, and this time, it was going to stay. they weren't alone anymore.

"i've opened my eyes,
i'm not alone."