Balcony Man

He blinked few times and bluntly remembered the evening. He felt divine and awful at the same time. 

He coped with a way, oh god, way younger than him, junkie, during his afternoon shift. Luckily, they arrived before he could've died for overdose and called him an ambulance. And they found another phone number by him. As the man on the other end told them, he is his older brother. Frightened, caring and good-looking older brother. When he was assured, that his younger sibling is in hands of rescue workers and that they will surely call him about how he is, he took care of him. He should've only calm him down and lead off from the place, where his curly relative was found, but... Hell, why him!?

Gradually, he found out, that his name is Mycroft, then he asked him to have a cuppa with him, for his psychical welfare, of course. They talked and surprisingly, they got on with each very well. Greg also got to know, that if the opposite sitting man would send only one message, there would be sniper shooting him from around the corner. It was, despite the circumstances of their meeting, a nice evening. 

But then, it all turned wrong. Well, better said, preventive walking him home got wrong. He didn't know how, and he was laying in his bed. Extremely comfortable, especially when the beautiful body was right on him. However, he felt bad. Like he took advantage of his upset, absent state of mind and psychical discomfort. But as he remebered, the initial initiative was, to his pleasure, not entirely on his side. But, shit... This have never happened to him before, end up with someone in bed at first meeting. He wasn't like this, but yesterday...it just somehow happened and he didn't know if he should regret it or not. 

Finally, he fully opened his eye lids and saw the space next to him empty. Holmes, as he was blessed to know his surname, was standing by the window, his back to bed. He was all dressed already, although the short sleeves revealed his freckled arms. Everything he wore fitted him like tailor-made, which it probably was. Grey cotton t-shirt looked like grateful to hug his shoulders, waist and hips. Greg realised how much he's beautiful and how much he was worthy to see the other night. He began to feel sorry it ended up like this. What if it ruined it all?

He's always found the courtship as one of the most exciting parts of a relationship. The flirting, the escalating of frequency of meetings, conguering the heart of the other one. Honestly, he hoped he didn't lose it with the ginger and that he'll be willing to go through this from the start with him. That is, if he wasn't too naive and yesterday wasn't just accident from the other side. 

"'s he okay?" He asked then, because he guessed, that the hospital should let him know how's his brother, now. He genuinely cared and wanted to let him know that. He noticed, how the standing person lightly tensed. Holmes was sunken in his thoughts and didn't spot Lestrade is awake. 

"Thank god he's in stabilised state," he said with face turned to the side so Greg could watch his distinctive profile. The words, that came from his mouth seemed cold at first, but the hardworking member of Scotland Yard didn't go through all that training just because. He recognized he was relieved. However, he didn't seem absolutely calm. The sun started to break between clouds outside and Mycroft still haven't turned properly. 

"I-," the laying man wanted to talk, but in that exact moment the standing man looked at him straight for the first time today and that paralysed him for a while. He was scared to read anything from the blue-grey eyes. "Don't work like this normally," he needed to claim first with rubbing his eyes. It was still morning anyway. 

"Nor me," the younger continued hesitantly. If Greg didn't understand how it all happened, then his head was absolutely empty. Of course, this member of police was more than attractive, but he was also fun talk to. He felt he had understood him. And when he was looking at him over the tea, something moved in him.

"I don't know what it means to you," he cleared his throat, ,,but...would you go out with me for the tea again, perhaps?" He chuckled, it was such a cliché, but nothing else occurred his mind. It made smile even Mycroft. ,,Just because?" Greg developed his question to make it clear. 

"My time is really precious," the asked wanted to give his leisure on weight, "but I think I can find a moment or two for you," he glanced at him playfully. The look had the same vibe as the morning behind the window. Clouds slowly tore apart to make space for fresh sunlight. Lestrade moved for a bit and reached out to him with opened warm palm. As if he hasn't woken up till now. 

Mycroft took it contently and join him in bed. They'll be both pardoned by family issues at work. Now, when he knew his uncareful younger bro is fine, he could start to think about other things. 

They just half sat, half layed next to each other and rejoice the strange. What is already here and what will come. 

"When everything is ordinary until it's not," Greg suddenly remembered a lyric of a song. He loved music connected to simple phrases, which take on a new meaning and can say everything. 

"Hm?" Holmes didn't understand, hand in the other man's locks, examining it as much as he could. It was sill thick and dark, but on few spots, you could notice coming grey.

"Sitting on a chair and it the morning sun putting on my tap dancing shoes, oh, my lap dancing shoes. In the morning sun," he continued and blue-eyed man just tried to figure out his words. 

"Where everything is amazing that stays in bed. I'm a 200 pound octopus under a sheet, dancing round your world with my hands and feet. And this much I know to be true," the dark-haired man didn't stop. Mycroft decided just to listen to him. He felt rhythm in how he pronounced the sentences. 

"This morning is amazing and so are you," this time, he inclined closer to him and whispered in his ear. A chill ran down Holmes' spine. He even heard a melody. Needed to admit, he had a suggestive voice. 

"What is it?" Asked curious and weirdly overwhelmed Mycroft finally. He guessed it's a song. 

"Don't know Nick Cave?" Greg wondered in played horror.

"Maybe I heard the name somewhere," stated the taller of them lightly ashamed. He has never excelled in those areas. But what he knows, it may change. 

"Well, I need to show you. Soon," he gently nibbled the topic of future, where he'll have the option to. "You are languid and lovely and lazy. And what doesn't kill you just makes you crazier." That were the last words of the song and also Greg's final words before he had got the chance to sensibly kiss the frightened caring elegant ginger, who he met yesterday, for the first time today. 

Hokey-Cokey Pig in a Pokey! Welcome to second oneshot from the M'n'M series (Mystrade and Music). A wonderful song by Nick Cave stand to my inspiration this time. Hope you'll like it too. 

Thanks for any reactions.

Klára🖤