Chapter Seven

Astria
After my "date" with Max, we haven't talked much. After Italy was Portugal and then Spain we both were very busy doing our own thing.

Now and then we would see each other and make small talk but nothing major. He lost the last two races and I could tell he was upset about that.

Alice and I have been starting to hang out a lot. I consider her a close friend we went out a few times to different bars in Portugal and went shopping in Spain.

We were now in Monaco. I was very excited to be here it is a very luxurious, top-class place and everyone has told me it's one of the races to look forward to. Lando also mentioned to me that Max lives in Monaco.

I was sitting in the lounge area it had glass windows which gave you a gorgeous view of the track. The race was going to start in a few hours.

My teams and I were on track with everything and were ready for the race which gave me extra time to just sit and go through my phone and take a break.

I was sitting on the couch and was busy scrolling through my phone when I felt someone sit next to me.

"Guess what," Alice said in an excited tone

"What?" I said turning my attention towards her

"I got another tattoo," she said showing me the tattoo behind her ear. She had a few tattoos already nothing big just a bunch of small tattoos hidden over her body.

"Omg I fucking love it, it suits you" she got a tattoo of a small simple bunny behind her ear.

"I got it because you know Alice in Wonderland and just because I thought it was cute," she said.

"When did you get it?"

"Well I got it right before we left Spain and I wanted to wait and tell you in person. You know what you should get one too" Alice said.

"What should she get" we heard a voice behind us it was Lando and Max was with him. They took a seat on the couch opposite of us.

"A tattoo," Alice said

"I think I'm fine," I said. Yes, I have thought about getting a tattoo but I have never found a design that I liked.

"Come on you're in Monaco it's the perfect time to get one," Lando said.

"I don't even know what I want," I said

"Don't you have something that's special to you or that means something to you?" Alice asked.

"Come on you have to have something," Max added

"Max you don't even have a tattoo so I believe that you don't get to comment on my decision," I said.

"Ok let's make a little bet," Max said shifting his body towards me.

I stared at him now interested in what he had to say.

"If I win this race you'll get a tattoo and I get to choose what and where," he said.

"And if you lose," I asked

"Then you get to choose a tattoo for me,"  he said now smiling.

I thought about it for a while. I did like the fact that I could choose a tattoo for Max that will be on his body forever. He has lost the last two races before this one maybe he will lose this one too.

"OK you're on Carboy," I said shaking Max's hand, "Except one rule no names I've heard it's bad luck."

"No names got it, get ready for your tattoo," Max said with a huge grin spreading his face.

"So you guys have nicknames now," Lando said.

"Something like that" Max said looking at me.

"I got to go," I said standing up.

"So soon" Alice wined.

"Yes Alice some of us have a job to do here," I said.

"You're going to watch me right, I want to see your face when I win and you realize you're about to get a tattoo," Max said cockily.

"Remember for me to get a tattoo you need to win," I said walking away.

They were on their last 20 laps. I made my way to the lounge room where I went to go stand next to Alice.

The lounge room gave you the perfect view and you could see what was going on. I was busy for the first 50 laps but I have time to watch the rest of the race now.

They were on the last lap, Max was first and Carlos Sainz was not far behind him, it would be a good win for Ferrari if Carlos won.

I was just crossing my fingers that Carlos would pass Max but Max pass the finish line 1st with Carlos just behind him.

"Fuck" I said

"You're getting a tattoo," Alice said nudging my shoulder she had a big smile on her face.

We were standing looking outside the glass window everyone was celebrating. I saw Max pull up with his car and he climbed out.

He took his helmet off and started looking for me when he finally saw me standing and looking down at him from the lounge area.

He pointed at me and mouthed the words "You're getting a tattoo" he had a huge smile across his face.

I just smirked at him. It was nice to see that he was this excited.

"Do you like him?" Alice asked

"No why would I"

"Well, I think you do and I think he does too," she said.

"I don't know Alice it would never work out, you know," I said shifting my gaze towards her.

"Do you not see the way he looks at you that man's in love," Alice said.

All I could do is laugh and shake my head.

Does Max like me and if he did what would we be?