Ghost Town

GHOST TOWN

Terry Chambers was woken in the early hours of the morning by a bright light shining through the small gap in the curtains. She sat up and rubbed the sleep out of her eyes, trying to shield them from the bright light.

Where was all that light coming from, she thought. Even the streetlamps didn't produce this much light. And the nearest streetlamp was across the road and a little further down the street.

Terry threw back the duvet and got out of bed, putting on her dressing gown. As Terry drew back the curtains a little, she was suddenly blinded by the intensely bright light. She covered her eyes with her hand to protect them, and tried to see what was causing the light, but it was far too bright to see anything but the light. It was so bright it turned the street outside into the sunniest of days. But much brighter. Too bright to see anything but the light.

Terry tried to see what was causing the light but couldn't see its source. Just that it came from somewhere in the sky. She shut the curtains again to block out some of the light and turned as the phone began to ring. She stepped over to it and sat down on the bed as she picked up the receiver, placing it to her ear. As she did so all she could hear was a loud high-pitched buzzing. So loud she had to take the receiver away from her ear very quickly. Something was interfering with the phone lines. Probably the same thing that was causing the light. Could this be the UFO they had been sent here to investigate? The S.E.T.I. Foundation had thought that maybe this could be the UFO that had been seen several times in the past few weeks. Could it possibly be the Greys? They had been seen many times in the past.

Terry quickly stood and opened the door to see her partner about to knock.

"Terry," Ian Peebles began when she opened the door. "Got any ideas about this light?"

"It could be the UFO," Terry suggested.

"That did cross my mind."

"I was just bout to go outside to see what this thing is," Terry added.

"You read my mind," Ian added. "Just came to see if this had woken you as well."

"Who could miss it?" Terry pulled he door to and they both began to make their way downstairs and outside, along with several other people also staying at the small hotel.

As they stepped outside, they saw what was causing the bright light, along with something else.

Terry began to scream at what she saw, something no one else expected to see.

Mick paced the lounge. The waiting was killing him. What was taking so long? Surely it should only take a few minutes.

Nick stopped pacing when he heard the door open and saw Dael enter.

"Well?" Nick asked, stepping up to Dael.

"Yes," Dael answered, then saw the look on Nick's face. Neither of them were expecting this. "Nick, I'm keeping the baby," she continued. "If you don't want this baby, I can- "

"Of course I want the baby. I would never abandon you to bring this baby up alone." He stepped towards Dael and gave her a hug.

"But we haven't been together that long," Dael pointed out.

"It doesn't matter how long we've been together," Nick said. "It's happened now and I'm here. I'm not going anywhere."

Cai stopped when he entered the lounge and saw Nick and Dael hugging.